Imagination Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imagination Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.4

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website, then I got a phone interview where i had to answer some basic questions (such as "which is the frequency of a clock of 5 ns" and how to multiply a bit number by 2")

Interview Questions

• -projects described on the CV
      -Traffic Light Controller FSM and do it in RTL   Answer Question

Graduate Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I needed to fill application with few questions, week later I had a face to face interview. The asked standard questions and I had to make a C++ test and solve a riddle. Week later I had HR interview by phone and few days later a final call from project manager. I din't get the job, but all the interviewers where very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is favourite programming language? Your biggest project? Standard question about polimorphims. And standard HR questions. In C++ test you needed to finish a simple program.   Answer Question

Graduate ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for 30mins, with 2 employers in Sydney. They started presenting their company and what they are looking for. It started with tell me about yourself, then went through resume. In my particular case, I said I have done an FPGA project in my digital class, they then kept asking about it like what is the structure of your CPU, pipelining and also asked about the difference between C and VHDL. 2's compliment

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yerevan (Armenia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Yerevan (Armenia)) in September 2016.

Interview

really prefect opportunity for my experience.
    It was really Perfect, it lasts about 3-4 steps. The technical interview was very complicated and it was really prefect opportunity for my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone interview is very noisy. Skype is better.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through an agency. They sent me a page of questions to answer. After three days, I received an email for an on-site interview in Kings Langley. The interviewer asked me a variety of coding questions as well as brain teasers. In the first part, there were some general questions (what is a pointer, polymorphism, the difference between stack and heap etc). Next, there were some coding questions such as calculate the number of 1's of a number, reverse a linked list, swap numbers with only two variables, some questions on pointers. Finally, they want from me to solve two brain teasers (fuse problem, 8 balls - 7 balls are the same , find the ball that weighs less with 3 measurements). I received a very positive feedback within 1 week.

The next stage was an HR phone interview. She asked me quite expected questions like why do you want for us, where do you see yourself in 5 years, strengths/weaknesses, projects, general background etc. After one week, I received an offer which I have accepted it.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

- Organized by the agency's HR recruiter involved, I have successfully completed the technical test (C programming language). Test was accomplished online.
    - Again with the agency's HR, we set the meeting date & time for a video interview.
    - The interview I did was with the company's department HR along with three company's technician

Interview Questions

• - tell us the story of your skills and experiences
      - why you are applying for this role
      - they did some particular technical question
      - the reason for which I'm looking a job abroad
      - do you have any salary expectation
      - do you have any work environment expectation
      - intent to relocate definitively
      - appreciation on my english language
      - reciprocal compliments and greetings   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the platform services position at Imagination's Leeds office.

I was invited to enter a phone screening after a couple of days. I was asked about the existing freelance and internship work I had undertaken, the company and what I knew about PowerVR. No deep technical questions.

Then followed an online C test, this covered pointers, standard library knowledge, tracing code samples and sundry language topics. It was fairly tricky, I know that I got a couple of questions wrong.

I was then invited to attend a face-to-face at the Leeds office. First came an overview of what the PowerVR team were working on, and the state of the computer vision field. I was then asked for more technical detail about the last work I had done.
    Technical questions involved a discussion over two code samples, covering memory management, pointer arithmetic, interrupts and parallelism. The final task was to write a function that compared two values, and how it could be improved.
    The interviewers were good-natured and approachable. I was shown round the office and my travel expenses were reimbursed.

The final stage was a phone conversation with HR, which essentially covered competencies and motivation questions; group work, time management, problem solving etc.

The whole experience was really good, my only slight complaint would be that HR often fudged times and locations when organising interviews.

Interview Questions

• Define the storage class keywords and explain why they're important for this piece of code.   Answer Question
    • Explain how much memory a struct takes up with a different number and ordering of members.   Answer Question

Graduate ASIC Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies in June 2016.

Interview

The first stage is about an online test regarding mostly basic knowledge in digital logic. There are 18 multiple choice questions and 2 questions that need to write something and explain your answer.
    This is followed by a phone interview that lasts less than an hour. The interviewer was a really nice person that willing to help with the thinking process until you get to the right answer. A lot of questions regarding projects done in the University and some more advanced digital design questions.
    example: the ouput of a small combinational cicruit, how to multiply a 16-bit number with a given number using less hardware, sensitivity list of a clocked and a non-clocked process, how to design low-power, what is synthesis and how is it done

Interview Questions

• Techniques to reduce power dissipation   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took very long. Passed all the stages, however didn't receive any kind of feedback. Technical questions were reasonable for the position, just standard c++ knowledge and a bit of riddles n the end. The interviewers were very nice and friendly guys too. However not very pleasant HR, very fake and robot like.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Interview

First part of the hiring process was an online C test that I did at home. Then followed a technical telephonic interview which lasted about one hour. They mainly wanted me to talk about the projects I developed at university which were related to the job I was applying to. Then they asked me to come to Kings Langley in order to have the final interview, which consisted on technical questions and a brief talk with the HR