Imagination Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imagination Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.4

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the platform services position at Imagination's Leeds office.

I was invited to enter a phone screening after a couple of days. I was asked about the existing freelance and internship work I had undertaken, the company and what I knew about PowerVR. No deep technical questions.

Then followed an online C test, this covered pointers, standard library knowledge, tracing code samples and sundry language topics. It was fairly tricky, I know that I got a couple of questions wrong.

I was then invited to attend a face-to-face at the Leeds office. First came an overview of what the PowerVR team were working on, and the state of the computer vision field. I was then asked for more technical detail about the last work I had done.
    Technical questions involved a discussion over two code samples, covering memory management, pointer arithmetic, interrupts and parallelism. The final task was to write a function that compared two values, and how it could be improved.
    The interviewers were good-natured and approachable. I was shown round the office and my travel expenses were reimbursed.

The final stage was a phone conversation with HR, which essentially covered competencies and motivation questions; group work, time management, problem solving etc.

The whole experience was really good, my only slight complaint would be that HR often fudged times and locations when organising interviews.

Interview Questions

• Define the storage class keywords and explain why they're important for this piece of code.   Answer Question
    • Explain how much memory a struct takes up with a different number and ordering of members.   Answer Question

Graduate ASIC Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies in June 2016.

Interview

The first stage is about an online test regarding mostly basic knowledge in digital logic. There are 18 multiple choice questions and 2 questions that need to write something and explain your answer.
    This is followed by a phone interview that lasts less than an hour. The interviewer was a really nice person that willing to help with the thinking process until you get to the right answer. A lot of questions regarding projects done in the University and some more advanced digital design questions.
    example: the ouput of a small combinational cicruit, how to multiply a 16-bit number with a given number using less hardware, sensitivity list of a clocked and a non-clocked process, how to design low-power, what is synthesis and how is it done

Interview Questions

• Techniques to reduce power dissipation   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took very long. Passed all the stages, however didn't receive any kind of feedback. Technical questions were reasonable for the position, just standard c++ knowledge and a bit of riddles n the end. The interviewers were very nice and friendly guys too. However not very pleasant HR, very fake and robot like.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Interview

First part of the hiring process was an online C test that I did at home. Then followed a technical telephonic interview which lasted about one hour. They mainly wanted me to talk about the projects I developed at university which were related to the job I was applying to. Then they asked me to come to Kings Langley in order to have the final interview, which consisted on technical questions and a brief talk with the HR

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through an agency, completed an online technical quiz and followed up with a technical telephone interview asking technical questions regarding FPGA design, synthesis and simulation. In addition to questions such as why I want to work at Imagination Technologies etc. Process was quick and the interviewer was kind & helpful.

Interview Questions

• Simulation, testing and synthesis questions regarding FPGA's   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. two weeks after i got an email inviting me to a skype interview. Even though the interviewer was a nice person, his english was not that good and their internet was embarrassing considering they are a huge company. We ended up writing questions and answers in the chat box until the end of the interview.

Digital ASIC Design Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Filled up a long application online, phone interview and on site interview. Start with technical interview follow up with problem solving and literally they kick you out if you struggle. I did a really good job on technical interview and for some reason, I struggled to solve the problems. One of the interviewers didn't put his phone on silent and few times distracted me.
    They promised to show and explain what they do in the company and give feedback but none of them happened.

Very disrespectful and bad experience. Not recommended. I am glad, they didn't get offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions:
      Questions about Latch vs Flip-Flop.
      Draw a D-flip-Flop, linked them together to make a linear feedback shift register.
      Draw timing diagram. (Setup/Hold time).
      Draw complementary style inventor. (Pmos,Nmos).
      Why Pmos is on the top? talked about low power design principle.

Problem solving:
      A problem about "Three boxes are labeled “Apples,” “Oranges,” and “Apples and Oranges.”". Google it.
      Write a program to find a parenthesis in a string. Ex: A(+SDF09)(u&(.
      1 Answer

ASIC 3D Graphics RTL Graduate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Great experience. I applied through a recruitment agency. I first did a very simple online test about basic questions (40 min test of 18 multiple choice questions and 2 open questions). Then I did a telehpone interview with the manager, and it took 1 hour and 30 minutes. The manager was really kind but also demanding. He talked kindly and slowly with me, to let me better understand the questions, and however had patience when sometimes I had to repeat some concepts. First few questions about why I applied for Imgtech, what I know of Imgtech and why I'm good for the role. Second question about my univesity projects related with the role, and some quenstion about I solved the problems I have encountered. Then, a serious of technical questions: setup time and hold time, techniques to reduce the power at RTL level, pipelining. The last part, questions about my motivation. The feedback came very quickly, after 2 days, unfortunately I wasn't taken but really great experience.

Interview Questions

• I report only the technical questions:
      - how the asynchronous reset can cause issues in a synchornus system
      - Pipelining (open question)
      -definition of setup time and hold time
      -Techniques to reduce power consumption (open question)
      Answer Question

Graduate Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

-C Programming Test 30 Questions with 3 min for each
    -Phone Interview
    -Interview at headquarters

I went for the interview at headquarters and they told me that the initial position in a specific group was already filled, so I was interviewer for another role in the end. There were questions about graphics basic pipeline and rasterization on a whiteboard and some C questions focused on pointers.

Graduate ASIC Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Took an online test, which had some basic questions about digital design in multiple choice and 2 questions about low power design techniques which had a text area for the answer. The total time for the test was 40 minutes, i used approx 20 and used the rest to go back and re-check my answers. Got a couple wrong but passed it anyway.

After that I had a phone interview which lasted an hour and I was asked about my understanding of ImagTec, technical questions and motivation questions. They really pushed me to explain everything again and again as best I could. It was a very difficult interview and I was exhausted in the end, but felt I had done well and eventually passed to the next stage.

Then I was invited to a skype interview. The interview was very weird as they did not open their own webcam, and only wanted to see me. The connection was terrible, which they clearly blamed me for (I didn't argue but my internet was great, i tested it thoroughly, it was definitely on their end). Their voices were also very muffled so they called me on my cell to improve the quality. It was equally bad as they couldn't speak clearly.
    I struggled to make sense of their questions as neither of them were native speakers and as a result everything took more time than it would in a face-to-face interview. They also struggled to understand me as I am not a native speaker either, and they kept insisting I explain everything in detail even if I said I hadn't encountered some things.
    This interview was supposed to last two hours, instead they brushed me off in 59 minutes and said we would reschedule for the rest. The next time I heard from them they discontinued my application and claimed the interview was over and I hadn't understood correctly.

All in all it went great until the skype interview which was borderline hostile. Don't know what to make of it. I really wanted to do well as this position was so exciting for me. Maybe I should have rescheduled to get a better connection and better overall communication, but I didn't want to be rude and waste their time or antagonise them.

Interview Questions

• pipeline, fifo in registers/ram, hold/setup and how to correct violations, my undergraduate projects, Circuit with different clock frequencies, circuit with single frequency but clock skew and more.   Answer Question