Imagination Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imagination Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. two weeks after i got an email inviting me to a skype interview. Even though the interviewer was a nice person, his english was not that good and their internet was embarrassing considering they are a huge company. We ended up writing questions and answers in the chat box until the end of the interview.

Digital ASIC Design Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Filled up a long application online, phone interview and on site interview. Start with technical interview follow up with problem solving and literally they kick you out if you struggle. I did a really good job on technical interview and for some reason, I struggled to solve the problems. One of the interviewers didn't put his phone on silent and few times distracted me.
    They promised to show and explain what they do in the company and give feedback but none of them happened.

Very disrespectful and bad experience. Not recommended. I am glad, they didn't get offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions:
      Questions about Latch vs Flip-Flop.
      Draw a D-flip-Flop, linked them together to make a linear feedback shift register.
      Draw timing diagram. (Setup/Hold time).
      Draw complementary style inventor. (Pmos,Nmos).
      Why Pmos is on the top? talked about low power design principle.

Problem solving:
      A problem about "Three boxes are labeled “Apples,” “Oranges,” and “Apples and Oranges.”". Google it.
      Write a program to find a parenthesis in a string. Ex: A(+SDF09)(u&(.
      1 Answer

ASIC 3D Graphics RTL Graduate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Great experience. I applied through a recruitment agency. I first did a very simple online test about basic questions (40 min test of 18 multiple choice questions and 2 open questions). Then I did a telehpone interview with the manager, and it took 1 hour and 30 minutes. The manager was really kind but also demanding. He talked kindly and slowly with me, to let me better understand the questions, and however had patience when sometimes I had to repeat some concepts. First few questions about why I applied for Imgtech, what I know of Imgtech and why I'm good for the role. Second question about my univesity projects related with the role, and some quenstion about I solved the problems I have encountered. Then, a serious of technical questions: setup time and hold time, techniques to reduce the power at RTL level, pipelining. The last part, questions about my motivation. The feedback came very quickly, after 2 days, unfortunately I wasn't taken but really great experience.

Interview Questions

• I report only the technical questions:
      - how the asynchronous reset can cause issues in a synchornus system
      - Pipelining (open question)
      -definition of setup time and hold time
      -Techniques to reduce power consumption (open question)
      Answer Question

Graduate Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

-C Programming Test 30 Questions with 3 min for each
    -Phone Interview
    -Interview at headquarters

I went for the interview at headquarters and they told me that the initial position in a specific group was already filled, so I was interviewer for another role in the end. There were questions about graphics basic pipeline and rasterization on a whiteboard and some C questions focused on pointers.

Graduate ASIC Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Took an online test, which had some basic questions about digital design in multiple choice and 2 questions about low power design techniques which had a text area for the answer. The total time for the test was 40 minutes, i used approx 20 and used the rest to go back and re-check my answers. Got a couple wrong but passed it anyway.

After that I had a phone interview which lasted an hour and I was asked about my understanding of ImagTec, technical questions and motivation questions. They really pushed me to explain everything again and again as best I could. It was a very difficult interview and I was exhausted in the end, but felt I had done well and eventually passed to the next stage.

Then I was invited to a skype interview. The interview was very weird as they did not open their own webcam, and only wanted to see me. The connection was terrible, which they clearly blamed me for (I didn't argue but my internet was great, i tested it thoroughly, it was definitely on their end). Their voices were also very muffled so they called me on my cell to improve the quality. It was equally bad as they couldn't speak clearly.
    I struggled to make sense of their questions as neither of them were native speakers and as a result everything took more time than it would in a face-to-face interview. They also struggled to understand me as I am not a native speaker either, and they kept insisting I explain everything in detail even if I said I hadn't encountered some things.
    This interview was supposed to last two hours, instead they brushed me off in 59 minutes and said we would reschedule for the rest. The next time I heard from them they discontinued my application and claimed the interview was over and I hadn't understood correctly.

All in all it went great until the skype interview which was borderline hostile. Don't know what to make of it. I really wanted to do well as this position was so exciting for me. Maybe I should have rescheduled to get a better connection and better overall communication, but I didn't want to be rude and waste their time or antagonise them.

Interview Questions

• pipeline, fifo in registers/ram, hold/setup and how to correct violations, my undergraduate projects, Circuit with different clock frequencies, circuit with single frequency but clock skew and more.   Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Interview

I applied through college and was interviewed at their office in pune.
    First round was of pen and paper test basically questions from C pointers and some aptitude questions overall difficulty was fare and its quite easy to crack next round was interview at their head office , all they ask is data structure so be prepared

Interview Questions

• Code to add user data in doubly linked list (user data can be different from the LL data format)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your projects(all project that i have done till date)   Answer Question

Graduate Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Interview

I applied online, then I've been contacted by the HR team asking about my availability to make a phone interview (I gave a range of days). Without any notification/confirmation about when the interview would take place, I received a call to make an interview, and I did it anyway without preparation. The HR sent me an e-mail later asking about where I am from, and when replied (I am not an EU citizen), I heard nothing from them again!

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Bristol, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

After having applied online I was contacted and requested to complete an online test. After a week or so I was told I had hit to the next stage, an interview over the phone.

Interview Questions

• A few questions from the online test plus what is pipelining, hold/setup, blocking and non-blocking   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies in December 2015.

Interview

1st stage: telephone interview, 2nd stage: skype interview.
    Telephone interview included simple questions, like definitions etc. Skype interview included more specific technical questions, regarding ways I could improve or build with less hardware a proposed design.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delft (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Delft (Netherlands)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through their online site for the same post in Bristol and in Kings Langley. The job vacancy was Hardware engineer for their MIPS group. It seemed to be an ideal post. After two weeks, we arranged a phone interview. Generally I think they are looking for senior designers with experience.

Interview Questions

• Except for RAW, WAR, WAW what other kind of stalls exist within a CPU pipeline?   1 Answer