Imagination Technologies Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

3.4

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Simulator Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies.

Interview

Was asked to complete an online c++ multiple choice test which took around 1 houe and a half to complete. Afterwards I was contacted to setup a skype interview with their engineers.
    Interview content: what do I know about the company, questions about computer architecture principles, programming exercise and discussion on code snippets.

Graduate Hardware Design Engineer - PowerVR Graphics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The application process was quite fast probably because they need several hardware design engineer during that period of time. I submitted my online application on 10/01/2017. Then I received their reply after 1 week that ask me providing some personal additional details and working eligibility in UK. After another 1 week, they sent me an online test link which is about the fundamental questions of digital circuit design. then after 2 weeks, they emailed me asking my availabilities of atending their interview in Bristol. The interview was quite relexing. Just two interviewers, one of which is the leader of Bristol branch and the other is a serior hardware verification engineer.
    It was my fault that didn't make a good preparation for the technical questions becasue I thought it was going to be a general first-round interview testing your personalities and teamworking ability. Actually the interview was quite a technical interview. They asked me sevelral questions about the D gate circuit. Such as set-up time, holding time of the input and the propagation time of the output. the answers can be found on google.
    It was an good experience at the beginning of my job hunting. Wish my share can help you in your difficult time.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum and minimum value of an eight-bit 2's complement signed signal?
      Can you draw a D gate circuit?   1 Answer

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

APPLICATION
    Contacted by a recruitment agency for a hardware design position in the PowerVR group. 1 week after the application a Skype interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later.

SKYPE TECHNICAL INTERVIEW I, 1 hour
    Skype call (no video) centered around DSP design techniques.
    After a quick resume check, the interviewer gave me some short exercises, the solution of which could be reached with just basic hardware design knowledge and some logical thinking. No rush from his part, smooth experience.

2 hours after the interview I was contacted by my recruiter for scheduling a second technical interview the following week.

SKYPE TECHNICAL INTERVIEW II, 2 hours
    Skype call (no video) with two interviewers.
    After another resume check, I was asked to implement a FIFO with simultaneous read and write using single-port RAMs. I drove them through my thinking, I ask them some questions to guide me; I probably had some good ideas but after an hour I still wasn't able to come up with a working implementation.
    Then, I was asked to complete an incomplete timing diagram for a given system. Very trivial exercise, but not well described imho. I asked them some clarification the beginning and starting from the interviewers' answer, I spent an hour trying to find the solution. I asked the initial question again but this time they gave me a different answer. After that, I was able to solve the exercise in 5 minutes.

A week after the interview the recruiter told me that I was close to be selected but I was not, because of my second technical interview. He also told me Imagination Technologies would have considered me for a verification position in the same team, without the need of other technical interviews. After 3 weeks I was contacted again and asked to complete an online test: it was an incredibly simple multiple-choice test on binary conversion and logic gates. The day after the test I was asked to have another technical interview, but I refused to do that.

I was disappointed by the last part of the recruitment process. Going back I would probably applied through the company website, in order to get feedback directly from Imagination Technologies HR.

Interview Questions

• Given this VHDL process, can you find and correct the errors, if any?   Answer Question
    • Given this function describing a FIR, can you draw the signal-flow graph? Can you reduce the critical path without changing the behavior of the system (retiming)? Can you apply pipeline in order to increase the throughput?   Answer Question
    • Can you talk about low-power design techniques?   Answer Question
    • Given the high-level description of this system, which hardware elements do you need to implement it?   Answer Question
    • Can you implement a FIFO allowing simultaneous read and write with single-port RAMs?   Answer Question

Summerhardware Design & Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, get a telephone interview after two week, then invited to the HQ for f2f interview. Generally the interview questions was not very hard and the interviewers are very friendly. Discussed about how to improve clock cycles for digital circuits.
    Although the HR said the result will come out within one week or two, I actually waited for over one month! Seems that unfortunately I was their second option.

Graduate Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Online C Test of 30 Questions for screening. Not too challenging, but would recommend brushing up on memory allocation and pointer arithmetic. One to one interview at HQ in Kings Langley, then HR interview by phone the next day.

Interview Questions

• Reverse Singly linked list with 4 functions (Rem head, rem tail, add head, add tail).   1 Answer
    • Minimum space to store 3 strings with 4 characters per string   1 Answer
    • HR interview discussed comfort with research work (branching into the unknown), writing Industrial-level code vs Student work, why applied for Job etc.   1 Answer

Graduate Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a telephone interview first. The interviewer asked me questions on projects I had done before based on my CV. This was followed by a number of technical questions about flip flops, timing delays, multiplication in binary etc.
    After 2 weeks i got an email from them inviting me for a face to face interview at KGL, which is in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous projects. Technical questions which test your knowledge of digital electronics like flip flops, timing delays, multiplication etc   Answer Question

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website, then I got a phone interview where i had to answer some basic questions (such as "which is the frequency of a clock of 5 ns" and how to multiply a bit number by 2")

Interview Questions

• -projects described on the CV
      -Traffic Light Controller FSM and do it in RTL   Answer Question

Graduate Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I needed to fill application with few questions, week later I had a face to face interview. The asked standard questions and I had to make a C++ test and solve a riddle. Week later I had HR interview by phone and few days later a final call from project manager. I din't get the job, but all the interviewers where very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is favourite programming language? Your biggest project? Standard question about polimorphims. And standard HR questions. In C++ test you needed to finish a simple program.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Langley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through an agency. They sent me a page of questions to answer. After three days, I received an email for an on-site interview in Kings Langley. The interviewer asked me a variety of coding questions as well as brain teasers. In the first part, there were some general questions (what is a pointer, polymorphism, the difference between stack and heap etc). Next, there were some coding questions such as calculate the number of 1's of a number, reverse a linked list, swap numbers with only two variables, some questions on pointers. Finally, they want from me to solve two brain teasers (fuse problem, 8 balls - 7 balls are the same , find the ball that weighs less with 3 measurements). I received a very positive feedback within 1 week.

The next stage was an HR phone interview. She asked me quite expected questions like why do you want for us, where do you see yourself in 5 years, strengths/weaknesses, projects, general background etc. After one week, I received an offer which I have accepted it.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Imagination Technologies (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

- Organized by the agency's HR recruiter involved, I have successfully completed the technical test (C programming language). Test was accomplished online.
    - Again with the agency's HR, we set the meeting date & time for a video interview.
    - The interview I did was with the company's department HR along with three company's technician

Interview Questions

• - tell us the story of your skills and experiences
      - why you are applying for this role
      - they did some particular technical question
      - the reason for which I'm looking a job abroad
      - do you have any salary expectation
      - do you have any work environment expectation
      - intent to relocate definitively
      - appreciation on my english language
      - reciprocal compliments and greetings   Answer Question