Impax Laboratories QC Chemist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Impax Laboratories

4.0

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impax Laboratories (Hayward, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Not the greatest English speaker from the R&D Hiring manager, but I was able to understand her. Was asked about previous job experience and asked to explain how to perform a test from scratch with every possible single detail possible. I explained to her a everything I knew, but also told her that everything done in lab is in referenced to a SOP. Also, that not all SOPs are the same. She didn't care about that. She wanted to know every detail down to the calculations. Manager seems to lack some social skills and not other skills that I could bring to the table if she doesn't have any experience in them. Manager appeared to have limited knowledge of only what her company does. I think if you speak mandarin, you'll be ok working there. If you need to speak fluent English, this might not be the place for you in the lab.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Impax Laboratories

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Impax Laboratories (Hayward, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a temp to hire position. My temp agency set up an interview on Thursday afternoon to see the QC director only and will last 1/2 hour. That early morning, temp agency said that they needed to reschedule the appt. It took the agency one week to set that appt. Then that next week, Monday at 9am was set to see three QC managers (raw materials, stability, and final product) and QC director. This is supposedly to last until 11am. The raw material manager brought with him two more (male and female) of his employee. He asked all sort of questions that are not even remotely about the job. I tried to ask routinely how many samples will be analyzed -he said only tons.The female didn't even ask question. They weren't eager to know me but to gain information that are not relevant to a nominal interview questions. After the Raw materials group was finished, the liaison for the temp employee told me to follow her car into another building. The second group (stability) brought in total of five employees. The stability manager only asked one question and left up to her employee to ask question. Her employees are all supervisor and leads and grilled on the questions. After her employees were finished she abruptly would not allow me to ask any question and she left in a very unprofessional manner -even without acknowledging that this interview was over. So, lastly the finished group with total of 3 employees. The manager didn't see that they I did graduate from school or believed that I have worked so long for my previous company. He asked my former employee reference -which I provide a letter of rec to him and he copied. The QC director was not too bad about the interview. From the interview of the three QC managers, I surmise that they wanted two person to work shift hours of Friday 8 hours Sat and Sun 12hr/ea and monday 8 hrs. The interview lasted for 3.5 hours for a temp position?? I definitely would not work for this company!

Interview Questions