Imperial College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.7

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

MSC Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Kira video interview. You can practice for an unlimited time and then the actual interview. Give you 30 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to talk. The questions are relatively easy. Just practice with photobooth for some time and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of your skills you develop outside academic and professional lives   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very easy. I had one Skype interview with 2 faculty and made a 10 minute presentation relating to the research idea. This was followed by 20 minutes of questions about the post, my previous experience, publications and questions about my resume.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I was invited for a 20-minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept this job if offered? What's your A-Level?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Berkeley, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a skype interview with a professor. It was very informal. I suspect I was already chosen before the interview since most of the questions were regarding how easily I could move to London. I new my future supervisor before the interview, so the purpose of the interview seemed to be more of a formality. In fact, I remember the interviewer mentioning his department issued checklist very explicitly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I visited Imperial college in person. The professor who hired me took me to lunch and made Imperial appear to be an attractive place to work (which is not hard, it is a good place). Very casual. My pay was not negotiable. It was really just a matter of acceptance or rejection of his/her offer.

Postgraduate Student Interview

Interview

Quite simple. Going through the application form, few questions like the background knowledge of the programme applying, why you wanna do this, future planning after graduation... They want see you as a strategic person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about (one of the module in the program).   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very straightforward and smooth application and hiring process. Received letter invitation for interview, interviewed by two academics at the university in person and received quick reply via telephone. Interview consisted of both general background questions as well as questions specific to the research project.

PhD Hybrid Electrical/Chemical Propoulsion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online on the university website,and i heard back 2 months later requesting a skype interview with the 2 Drs who would be taking the PhD, there where freindly and asked

Interview Questions

• Started with a difficult series of technical questions to do with plasma.   1 Answer
    • Series of soft skills questions designed to test if i fully understood what a PhD entailed and would be capable of carrying one through to the end. Three greatest strengths and then asked the weakest of those strenghts.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London (South Kensington, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took 3+ months to get back to me. Went through 2 seperate interview: first was with a supervisor, second was with an interview panel. Though the first one went good, the interview panel did not seem to care and couldn't have got me out of the door quick enough! Thoroughly disappointed with the panel in the second interview, considering I spent time to travel to the campus.

Interview Questions

• The questions were irrelevant to the project I applied to   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (South Kensington, England (UK)).

Interview

Very simple interview, just sat down with my potential supervisor and we discussed the opportunities he had and my interests. We then discussed the position I was interested in and he explained to me the basics of it and some of the nuances, as well as why they were interested in that specific research topic. Then we began making a plan for the research project.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, and what topics are you interested in?   Answer Question

MSC Business Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London in April 2017.

Interview

7 general questions using Kira Talent.6 of them were spoken and 1 written. 1 minute to answer the spoken ones and 5 for the written. The focus is more on applicants' character and accomplishments and not on technical questions.