Imperial College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial College London Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

Senior Lecturer Interview

Interview

civil strucutures

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I was working for Imperial for 7years, they wouldn't let me have my Phd exam unless i stayed another year as a research associate to do the dirty job, so i had to apply. No interview, no nothing. The job had to be advertised and i got it with my BLANK application! Stay away from Imperial, (see my post for further detail). Stay away from Imperial, it's the most corrupt environment i've ever seen!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internal job

PhD Student Interview

Interview

PhD Student studentship oil/gas numerical modelling Visual C++ rock fracture simulation

total 56 candidates
    final round 6 candidates and there were four interviewers 1 from the company and 3 from the university

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Send in CV and cover letter with academic references. Prepare for the interview and read a lot of literature. Answer the questions concisely and to-the-point. Be prepared to be asked about your long-term plans. Be confident and know you stuff.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Application was conducted via an unsolicited email to a potential supervisor. First barrier is usually having a first class degree from a top UK university to be eligible for EPSRC or CASE studentships. Interview dependant on group

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I was invited for a 20-minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept this job if offered? What's your A-Level?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was a smooth process. I was offered the job straight from studying at Imperial College. Staff were very friendly and polite. It was a great and very professional process overall.

Marketing & Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had to submit application online and was confirmed an interview within four days which was quick. Had a panel interview which consisted of three people - a dept head, one from marketing and HR. All very nice - traditional competency based format, where examples were required. Interview began slightly later than scheduled time and also over ran slightly - all in all lasted about an hour. The university cover your travelling expenses which is a nice gesture.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to speak about a part of the role you think you won't like   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

I proceeded to this role directly after I finished my Phd degree in Imperial College. No interview required. I think my research work and capability have been recognized during the 4 years' time. And it is easier to proceed to a postdoctoral research if you have obtained your degree under the same supervisor.

Lecturer Interview

Interview

The worst impression of an employer I have ever had: I was invited to interview ti two different departments and, on both occasions, found a nasty surprise which was not on the JD or presented to me via invitation. A devious employer: stay well away, you'll end up preparing for hours only to find out they are truly rubbish with their staff.

Interview Questions

• The teaching will be 'collaborative' (ie you'll end up spending hours just to agree on a good syllabus, rather than preparing the best lesson you could teach), which is common practice in the College (I bet it isn't! I can't imagine all lecturers at Imperial preparing lesson plans with other colleagues of the same discipline, ha!). And we are only telling you now, after you have spent two days on this.   Answer Question