Imperial College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial College London Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.7

Student Hub Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a simple panel interview with situational interview questions. However, they were 40 minutes late. One of the interviewees was incredibly rude. She was completely disengaged, she kept sighing and plucking at her top through the whole interview.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London in April 2016.

Interview

Skype interview. Friendly panel, felt like a conversation less like traditional interview. Competency based questions. Quick followup. Very professional HR team. Swift onboarding process, great response time. So far one of the best onboarding experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience relevant to this role. What attracted you to this job?   Answer Question
    • Competency based questions. Tell us about the time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • How do you handle competing priorities, give an example...   Answer Question

MSC Petroleum Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had the interview to the MSc programme in 2017.I applied online and got interviewed during the open day. It was just a few general questions, the professor was quite nice. Just relax and show your thinking.

Centre Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paddington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Paddington, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of two academics from the centre. It was held in a quite daunting room, very large with an oversized table and big windows behind them so it was uncomfortably bright. They asked questions and would 'jump' on keywords, cutting off the answer I was given. It was an overall average experience, the nicest person was the HR lady who actually shared a pleasant conversation with me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle blunt academics?   Answer Question
    • How do you convey the meaning of a report to someone that clearly hasn't read it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for a face to face interview. There were 2 interview panels (the lead professor of the unit & the lead statistician). I gave a 5 minute presentation of a pre-specified paper that I prepared. Then, I answered some questions (both general and theoretical).

Interview Questions

• (A statistical question that I can't remember - something like, how do you carry out survival modelling)   1 Answer

Masters Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Skype interview Interviews usually take place face to face and in person, although modern communications technologies such as the Internet have enabled conversations to happen in which parties are separated geographically, such as with videoconferencing software,[2] and of course telephone interviews can happen without visual contact. Interviews almost always involve spoken conversation between two or more parties, although in some instances a "conversation" can happen between two persons who type questions and answers back and forth. Interviews can range from unstructured or free-wheeling and open-ended conversations in which there is no predetermined plan with prearranged questions,[3] to highly structured conversations in which specific questions occur in a specified order.[4] They can follow diverse formats; for example, in a ladder interview, a respondent's answers typically guide subsequent interviews, with the object being to explore a respondent's subconscious motives.[5][6] Typically the interviewer has some way of recording the information that is gleaned from the interviewee, often by writing with a pencil and paper, sometimes transcribing with a video or audio recorder, depending on the context and extent of information and the length of the interview. Interviews have a duration in time, in the sense that the interview has a beginning and an ending.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Required to fill in an application form that is a fairly standard template. I was shortlisted to interview stage and was advised that the interview would comprise of two tests and then a discussion afterwards. On arrival at the office I was taken to complete three tasks not the two that were mentioned in the interview. One was an excel task (budgets), the other two were related to external communications such as writing a press release.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and how will these contribute to the team?   Answer Question

Medical Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very supportive process, asked common questions, no curve balls. Included resume walkthrough, motivational questions (particularly regarding previous work experience and commitment to the medical profession) and an ethical dilemma. Feedback was given within 4 weeks. No preparation required.

Interview Questions

• How should doctors tackle the problem of obesity on a national level?   Answer Question

Centre Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (South Kensington, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Completed a long application form. The whole process was quick, less than 2 weeks. They were 3 people on the interview panel, they were polite but very distant.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workload?
      Tell us about when you made a mistake?
      How do you keep data protected? Do you know what data protection means?
      Were you involved in events organisation? If yes, what did you do?
      How do you collect financial information?   Answer Question

PhD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London in March 2014.

Interview

Skype call with two members of the staff (the potential phd supervisor plus another research member of the department), asking questions about previous university experience, master's thesis goals and achievements and motivation about conducting research. Friendly environment and interview.