Imperial College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial College London Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.7

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London (South Kensington, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took 3+ months to get back to me. Went through 2 seperate interview: first was with a supervisor, second was with an interview panel. Though the first one went good, the interview panel did not seem to care and couldn't have got me out of the door quick enough! Thoroughly disappointed with the panel in the second interview, considering I spent time to travel to the campus.

Interview Questions

• The questions were irrelevant to the project I applied to   Answer Question

Imperial College TA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London in April 2016.

Interview

We were given a talk about the possiblity of becoming one of the undergraduate teaching assistants after one of our classes. Many of us stayed behind and had to register interest after they informed us of the role. We then just had to sign up at the front of the hall by writing name and number on the clipboard, and answer if we had taught before or not.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

good. 10 min presentation about your previous work. the science and the lab work is discussed and together with some questions related to the position. it is good to be informed about the PI work before the interview and have a clear mind how your skills can help them to progress.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

MSC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief skype interview. First 5 minutes presentation, then some questions on the presentation. Chatting about the course. Very relaxed atmosphere. Decision had probably been made beforehand, only selecting out completely unsuitable candidates.

Interview Questions

• What does AUC (area under the curve) refer to, explain concept?   Answer Question

MSC Business Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London in April 2017.

Interview

7 general questions using Kira Talent.6 of them were spoken and 1 written. 1 minute to answer the spoken ones and 5 for the written. The focus is more on applicants' character and accomplishments and not on technical questions.

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (South Kensington, England (UK)).

Interview

Very simple interview, just sat down with my potential supervisor and we discussed the opportunities he had and my interests. We then discussed the position I was interested in and he explained to me the basics of it and some of the nuances, as well as why they were interested in that specific research topic. Then we began making a plan for the research project.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, and what topics are you interested in?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a one stage process consisting of a panel interview with PI, supervisor and senior post doc. I had previously talked on the phone to the supervisor, and been to visit the lab for an afternoon, but this was for my own benefit rather than being part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a technician and a scientist?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't possible to negotiate

Research Associate Interview

Interview

I did not have an interview as I was working in the same group before.
    From other people's experiences, the interview is normally very competitive.
    A panel of 4-5 people and around 8-10 candidates.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was shortlisted for a telephonic interview which was then followed by skype interview and a final in person interview. Was given a tour of the labs and other facilities in the Department. Great location, easily accessible by tube, good places to have lunch around

MSC Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Kira video interview. You can practice for an unlimited time and then the actual interview. Give you 30 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to talk. The questions are relatively easy. Just practice with photobooth for some time and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of your skills you develop outside academic and professional lives   Answer Question