Imperial College London Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

MRC DTP PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A three member panel interview with questions regarding an unrelated scientific paper. Everyone invited has an alloted time for this followed by a lunch with the current cohort of students.

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was contacted within two weeks of applying for the job. I did not have to do a phone interview but was given an interview date for the next week. I was interviewed by HR and department, three people in total. I was asked mainly behavioural questions and the interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. The questions were clear and the process was simple.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time that you had to deal with conflict resolution?
      Provide an example of a time you had to work under pressure?
      Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was shortlisted for a telephonic interview which was then followed by skype interview and a final in person interview. Was given a tour of the labs and other facilities in the Department. Great location, easily accessible by tube, good places to have lunch around

Petroleum Geoscience MSC Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview - 10 people. Each asked a question. Interview lasted about 10 mins. Was quite quick and not too stressful. Received a scholarship offer the following week from Total

Interview Questions

• How would you use Matlab within the petroleum industry?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

job vacancy advertised on imperial website. I applied and received a reply within a few days. Interview followed the next week. Interview was very casual. Questions about my past experiences, my skills and what to expect from the job. Talked about the team and who does what within the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about the job you're applying to?   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

1st Round: Two interviewers focusing on your academic and professional experiences respectively, as well as your career aspirations. Very friendly and engaged interviewers, but the actual challenges are integrated into the seemingly casual dialogues. Must try to demonstrate your highest level of intellectual aptitudes and positive personality in order to impress the interviewers.
    2nd Round: In-depth technical interview on your niche expertise and growth potential. It's better to prepare the pitch and Q&A well ahead of the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you envision your career to be like in 3 years time?   Answer Question

Business Support & Administrative Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Straightforward panel (of three including Line Manager) interview beginning with a brief role-relevant presentation before moving on to around 40 minutes of straightforward questions - including ample opportunity to ask your own. This was followed by a 30 minute Finance based test. The panel were very friendly and professional and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• No surprise or trick questions - "What attracted you to the role?" - "How do you ensure you are respected within the workplace?" - "Tell us about a time when you delivered a significant change project ..." etc.   Answer Question

Outreach Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Group interview of around 5 people. Mostly case scenario questions e.g. how would you deal with a student who is not paying attention. Some questions on past experience and motivations for applying. Did not have to interact with other interviewees. Interviewers were very pleasant and encouraging during the interview. Heard back within a few days after the interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Quite a simple interviewing process. I had to submit my CV and a motivational letter explaining why i wanted the job and how i met the person specification which was provided in the job advertisement. The actual interview itself included questions regarding motivation and specific questions regarding things included in my CV.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I conducted a skype interview because I was out of country. It lasted about 20 minutes and was fairly informal. There were two heads of the department present. They asked fairly informal questions are reacted positively throughout. I also asked them some questions to clarify if the position would be a good fit. They were friendly and open with their answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given an offer in about 2 weeks after the interview