Imperial College London Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial College London Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was shortlisted for a telephonic interview which was then followed by skype interview and a final in person interview. Was given a tour of the labs and other facilities in the Department. Great location, easily accessible by tube, good places to have lunch around

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Imperial College London

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview lasted for less than an hour and it was done via Skype. The atmosphere was very friendly and it felt more like a conversation between us. I was interviewed with two lecturers, one of which was to be my future boss.

Interview Questions

• questions related to how motivated I was to live in London, questions about my previous work and future plans   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Simple an efficient. Friendly interview and to the point.

Negotiation

No negotiation actually.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in October 2008.

Interview

30-60 minutes presentation on my previous research work and research interests. After that discussion about my future plans, the requirements of the possition. One professor and several PhD students and other RAs from the research group attended my presentation. Overall, very friendly environment and very good experience. At the end I went for lunch with the porfessor for further discussions.

Interview Questions

• What are your future research plans - are you intending to continue your previous research directions or you are willing to start something new?   Answer Question
    • How much did you contribute in your previous publications?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In accademia, it all comes to your supervisor. Other people are very relaxed and other very strict with their post-docs and phd students. In my case, they offered to even pay my broadband in case I want to work from home some days.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2008.

Interview

I applied for the position in response to advertisement in a popular research group email. I had to submit a 2 page research statement in addition to the college application and CV. A 1 hr phone interview was conducted including a presentation over the phone. An offer was made in few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Some questions depend on research work. Some general questions such as describe your strengths and weaknesses were also asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relocation.