Imperial College London Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial College London Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I was invited for a 20-minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept this job if offered? What's your A-Level?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Imperial College London

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

job vacancy advertised on imperial website. I applied and received a reply within a few days. Interview followed the next week. Interview was very casual. Questions about my past experiences, my skills and what to expect from the job. Talked about the team and who does what within the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about the job you're applying to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Quite a simple interviewing process. I had to submit my CV and a motivational letter explaining why i wanted the job and how i met the person specification which was provided in the job advertisement. The actual interview itself included questions regarding motivation and specific questions regarding things included in my CV.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Received an email quite shortly after submitting an open call for C.V.s. Went to the branch campus and had a ~20 minute interview with two people - one person who I would be working directly with, and another who worked with the team but had a more peripheral role. Relaxed interview, friendly people.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you the type of person that works ahead of schedule or do you tend to leave things to the last minute?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself on schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

No interview process is required. You just have to send an e-mail to the professor with whom you are interested to undertake a research project with. You then just discuss your interests and motivation. For Imperial students the process is a lot easier.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

competency based questions. I was asked 10 questions in order to find out how my past experiences will make me the best fit for the job. It was very straight forward was all done on skype. The interview was conducted by 2 people who are now my supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most significant achievement.
      What are your weaknesses.
      I was also asked to give a 10 minutes presentation.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was fixed.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

I was asked to give a presentation of my previous research experience, spoke about the job and was given a tour of the facilities. Since it is one of the satellite sites it was a small area but nice to get an idea of where I would be working. I was encouraged to ask questions about the job. There were two interviewers, one the manager for the role and one a general administrative manager.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Application submitted online then interview. No negotiation possible on starting salary as it is fixed for everyone

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Single interview with panel of scientist. Interview was quite relaxed and well organised, questions were mainly on technical stuff related to role (skills needed in laboratory). Only couple of personlity based questions.

Interview Questions

• Why academia? Why this role and where do see yourself in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

I completed a two-part written test. The first part involved writing a letter requesting some patient data from a hospital. The second part involved a set of multiple choice questions that were science-related. This was immediately followed by an interview with three members of staff - a statistician, data manager and hiring manager (professor).

Interview Questions

• Why did the role appeal to you? What do you know about our team's research? Are you familiar with relational databases? What could you bring to the role?   Answer Question