Imperial Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial Oil Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.1

New Grad Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview after 2 weeks of deadline date. Interviewed by one person. Really nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a small problem you caught before it turned into a huge problem?   1 Answer

Research Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

job was posted through my school website. Interview process was an hour long, all behavioral questions. The interviewers were very patient and you could skip questions if you couldn't think of an answer.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to deal with cultural differences? how did you overcome the issues?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview took for about an hour and it was mostly behaviour questions. I did not have a previous experience in behaviour question type interview and therefore, I did not do well. But most of the questions that was asked was very similar to what they have in glassdoor! So just be prepared!!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite subject?
      What is your least favorite subject?
      Describe a time when you faced diversity and how you solved the porblem?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Very dry and unfriendly. The interviewer did not care to create any connection or get to know me. Just ask the questions on the paper and get the next person in the room. The interviewer was writing on his paper the whole time, did not bother to at least make few eye contact during the process. At the end of the interview when it was my turn to ask few questions, the interviewer answered in very dry short sentence format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time, half way through a project the resources you had were no longer available. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Questions regarding mandatory requirements: eligibility to work in Canada, driver's license, etc
    2. Behavioral questions and answers are expected to be in STAR format
    3. Your turn to ask questions to the interviewer

Engineering Summer Stuent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through college campus recruitment. Process took about 3-4 weeks. They set up 30 min interview at the campus. No technical questions, all behavior based questions. After the interview I had to complete background check form and submit driver's abstract.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to break safety rules ?   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was greatly focused on character and organization/time management questions where they asked for specific examples as an answer.
    The interviewers are very nice and agreeable people, make sure to have questions for them as well! :)
    If necessary, ask for 30 seconds or a couple minutes to think before answering, what they look for is someone with integrity, willingness to learn, to improve, and driven to succeed/excel.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled multiple tasks at a time? How do you make sure to meet deadlines?
      What do you consider your weakness and how do you manage to overcome it?
      How have you handled a tense situation with a coworker/teammate in the past?
      What do you consider your best acomplishment and how did you achieve it?
      What do you consider to be your best qualities? Have you made a big mistake in the workplace or a school and how did you handle it?
      Can you describe a lab work procedure you have done this term? (since I am a college co-op student and was applying for a lab technician position)   Answer Question

Geoscience Student - Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

Since I did not live in Alberta at the time, it was a phone interview. Few minutes prior to the interview I received map documents in my inbox in powerpoint file. All other students had to come in and had a chance to look at very large print outs of these imagines; I felt I was at a disadvantage because of the format. At the end of the interview, they reviewed the files with me and told me the answers they were looking for. Several of the images, I did not provide my best answer because I did not notice the symbols or fine details because of the format, but that was what they were looking for in the answer. I did appreciate this review.

Interview Questions

• - Asked me questions regarding the slides which had data or maps on them; Have I seen this type of data before? What is the data presented on this graph? Did I notice anything missing from this map? What would I do differently if I made this map?   Answer Question

New Grad Engineer Interview

Interview

Had the interview on campus. It was a difficult interview. You have to be well prepared. It was the behavorial format. They ask for many different situations. They were very professional and courteous. If you pass this stage, theres another one and I believe it is onsite. All in all I'm sure its a great company to work for.

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarnia, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Sarnia, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different people. One was the person who became My supervisor and the other was a supervisor from another dept. the interview it was about a half hour long. It was a personality type questions and a bit of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were challenged at work. How did you handle it/ what did you do?   Answer Question