Imperial Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial Oil Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

First interview: phone call from a hiring manager

- harder than I expected for a first phone call interview
    - ask you questions you wouldn't expect in a first interview

Interview Questions

• What are the difficulties Imperial is facing and what could be done to solve them   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple interview process. One screener followed by on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really very straight forward behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No neogotiation in acceptance of offer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

Imperial Oil is a great company with great people. My interview was an hour long and consist of all behavioral questions. They are trying to get a sense of who you are and how you respond to situations, nothing tricky. Went through on-campus recruitment and was only 1 round for summer intern position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

I got an opportunity through campus recruitment. Interview was pretty straight forward. All questions are based on behaviours. Most of questions are STAR format. The interview is for an hour long. An interviewer will write down your answers based on the information that you provide. The interviewer is not the one who makes a decision to be hired. HR department will decide based on your answer sheet.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenge task that you had to deal with when you had a strict deadline.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

Interviewer was nice and polite. All questions were Situation, Task, Action, and Result but you only had to answer a certain number and could pass questions.

New Grad Engineer Interview

Interview

First interview is on campus for one hour, mainly behavioural based questions. Need to use STAR format to answer for around 10 to 12 questions. Interviewer was very friendly that created a relaxed atmosphere.

Process Designer Interview

Interview

Standard behavioral interview on campus. Interviewer was very nice and felt more like a friendly conversation than an interview. Interview was around 40 minutes and asked questions with an expected answer presented in the STAR format. They are definately big on grades as well as leadership and ability to adapt and learn quickly.

Research Chemist Interview

Interview

Sent down to Sarnia, ON, where a 3 hour interview was conducted on site. Interviewed by 4 different people separately at 45 minutes each. Everyone was generally very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you had a difficult time with a coworker.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

I had very positive experience with my interviews. 2 steps process (3 steps if you count online application): 1st - 1 hr interview in a local office, 2nd - 2 interviews 1 hr each in Calgary office. I had all interviews with senior managers, who were very respectful and I'd even say supportive. in the beginning they clarified my resume, asked a few questions (it's a great moment to tell a nice story about yourself) and then continued with their typical interview (CAR or start model) explaining me beforehand how they would expect me to structure my answers.
    I'd say easy or hard questions depends on individual experience. I wasn't happy to repeat the same story, but other people might have more experience in this particular area (for example, sales), so they might even consider these questions easy.
    Everyone in the office tried to make us feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to work with people who had different views on a topic and how you managed to bring them to a consensus.   Answer Question

Engineering Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is quite standardized.
    The interviewer read out standard STAR questions from a form and wrote down your responses in three columns: situation, action, result
    The process took an hour and the interviewer gave you time to answer questions.
    Your interviewer is not the decision maker for the hiring process. A separate panel reviews all the forms from the interviews to make their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a teammate. How did you resolve the issue   1 Answer