Imperial Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial Oil Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

New Grad Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Regina, SK (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

First round in university campus. 2nd round of interview would be in Calgary (A full day interview with different teams, manager, supervisor, engineer) with lunch and dinner and flight provided if out of Calgary. The guy was very nice. Just pure behavioral questions (team work, analytical thinking, adaptability, management). It is good to practice.

Interview Questions

• What is the best/worst courses?
      Tell about a time you had conflict?
      Tell about a time you resolved a small issue before it turned to a big problem?
      1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Very dry and unfriendly. The interviewer did not care to create any connection or get to know me. Just ask the questions on the paper and get the next person in the room. The interviewer was writing on his paper the whole time, did not bother to at least make few eye contact during the process. At the end of the interview when it was my turn to ask few questions, the interviewer answered in very dry short sentence format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time, half way through a project the resources you had were no longer available. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Questions regarding mandatory requirements: eligibility to work in Canada, driver's license, etc
    2. Behavioral questions and answers are expected to be in STAR format
    3. Your turn to ask questions to the interviewer

Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

got the interview call 1 1/2 month after applying. Interview was traditional with 3 different ops dept heads and there was a written exam. Recruiter emailed after 2 weeks that I was selected. Actual offer letter came after 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difficult situation you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Engineering Summer Stuent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through college campus recruitment. Process took about 3-4 weeks. They set up 30 min interview at the campus. No technical questions, all behavior based questions. After the interview I had to complete background check form and submit driver's abstract.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to break safety rules ?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted approximately one month after for an interview. I was given almost a week to prepare and the interview took place on campus. It was an hour long and the interviewer was generally nice. I was told the position I was interviewed for after the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Best subject, worst subject and mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Mining Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through the company official website and University co-op system. Once I was selected for the interview, the university coop center arranged this interview place and schedule for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your advantage making you outstanding from another candidates?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Really standard behaviour questions. Just one round. You hear back in two weeks. Google behaviour questions online you will get them -- no tricky questions. The interviewer was really young (just one person). I checked him beforehand -- he was only 26. Just practice with a friend before you go. Make sure you are really outgoing, extravert for that interview. I did not have very good GPA, but I still got it. Make sure you double check your CV before you go and really talk and lead the interviewer to the standing out point you want to talk about. Behaviour questions are all about leading the topic.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favourite class? What's your lease favourite class? You had any problem working with anyone before? Tell me about yourself. Tell me something you think is impressive. Why you are the best candidate.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of review. First one person on campus. second 3 back to back 1 hour interview with project group. technical interview, manager interview and supervisor interview. there is also a lunch in the middle with a interview buddy.

Interview Questions

• all behaviour based questions. how did you improve a process. whats your strength etc.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was greatly focused on character and organization/time management questions where they asked for specific examples as an answer.
    The interviewers are very nice and agreeable people, make sure to have questions for them as well! :)
    If necessary, ask for 30 seconds or a couple minutes to think before answering, what they look for is someone with integrity, willingness to learn, to improve, and driven to succeed/excel.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled multiple tasks at a time? How do you make sure to meet deadlines?
      What do you consider your weakness and how do you manage to overcome it?
      How have you handled a tense situation with a coworker/teammate in the past?
      What do you consider your best acomplishment and how did you achieve it?
      What do you consider to be your best qualities? Have you made a big mistake in the workplace or a school and how did you handle it?
      Can you describe a lab work procedure you have done this term? (since I am a college co-op student and was applying for a lab technician position)
      Answer Question