Imperial Tobacco Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial Tobacco Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

Trade Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

A single one on one interview, then a follow-up 2 person interview panel. Meticulous checking on references, Asked the general situational type questions, what if's, overcoming obstacles, etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. online cultural test
    2. phone interview
    3. face to face interview
    4. offer

first interview is very causal. classic walk through CV. weaknesses, strength
    face to face, is more specific, and more back and forth

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada.

Interview

Set of question. the interviewer asks the questioner like a robot. even if you have given the answer already if the question comes again, they asks you again. three phases of interview, phone, in person and last one can be phone, skype or in person.

Interview Questions

• No creativity. very generalized set of questions   1 Answer

MarketingCo-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Based in Montreal, basic interview questions such as: tell me about yourself, your 3 strengths, be prepared for smoking industry question, very fair interview. Process : applied through University and got an appointment booked within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self.Weakness and strength. Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Briefly talked about my academic path (the school I was attending at the time, the program, the classes I was taking), talked about the work experience, and then ended with an informal discussion about my interests, passions, everyday life

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada.

Interview

Long interview process, first with outside 3rd party recruiter, interview with HR, District Manager and Regional Manager. Process took about 3 weeks (4 interviews, all via telephone). The process also includes a cognitive test, a math skills and a language test on the company's website.

Interview Questions

• Was asked the usual interview questions: how does your experience relate to the job, "what would you do if" scenarios, etc. nothing out of ordinary.
      knowledge of tobacco industry and regulations does help   Answer Question

Trade Marketing Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

It is a long and tough process.

1st Round with HR
    I would say the first hurdle was toughest. Phone interview with HR lasted 90 minutes and she completely exhausted me. Visibility, Product freshness, Seasonality, availability and inventory levels what not. Illicit tobacco trade, challenges facing the industry, Marketing rules and regulations every thing was asked in complete detail. Once she decided i am good enough she taught me lot of things about the company and prepared me for second round with DM's.

After the phone call she sent me a couple of tests which were easy and i passed without much problem.

2nd Round with DM's
    4 weeks later, 2 DM's interviewed me for 55 mins and they made me feel extremely comfortable. Numerous sales related and behavioural questions were asked. Only people who have worked previously in similar roles and answer some of those questions otherwise its tough. Questions regarding launch of new products, how will you convince a retailer to keep your new product, what will you do if a retailer is not sticking to the contract terms etc etc. Behavioural questions were, Tell us about a time when you got negative feedback and how you worked upon it, Tell us about a time when you had to study highly detailed subject matter and what were the results etc etc. In the end my line manager seemed interested in me and she explained me about the Area that i applied for and told me about next steps, which was a positive sign.

3rd Round with RM
    2 weeks after 2nd round i was interviewed by RM. Make no mistakes about the fact that this is as important round as other two. You are by no means hired at this time and until unless you prove your worth to the RM, you have absolutely no chance. RM interviewed me for 75 mins and asked some of the toughest questions. First thing he asked me was, give me your Elevator pitch and then he went on and on. He skipped some easy ones, saying you might be knowing these. Then he asked me to role play about a coconut water launch, which was not easy. Some of the questions he asked were, How to do a business review, Why should i hire you, Why our company etc etc. Make sure you read the Annual social report before you interviews. These issues are important in this industry and having a detailed knowledge of companies efforts will help you a lot. Once he was sure about me he negotiated the salary and location.

Then i got a conditional offer letter while my background check was on. I submitted my medical result once everything was done.

I hope it helped, I was looking for this kind of information during my interviews but i didn't get it anywhere. Hopefully, you are getting what you wanted. :)

Trade Marketing Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

In the first step, I have uploaded my resume into the website under the title of job post. Then, I passed an online assessment in 3 different steps; after passing each test, I received a new email thanking me and another email to link me to the next test. After one day, someone called me from Toronto inviting me for a phone interview. She suggested a day after at 8 AM (pacific time). It was a short notice and I should got more preparation opportunity. But the interview questions were structured and I didn't find any tricky question there. Next step was supposed to be a 1:1 interview in Vancouver, but I did not pass the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your weakness and strength points?   1 Answer
    • What are the challenges of Tobacco industry in Canada?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you got a leadership role in a team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada.

Interview

Position doesn't require outside rep experience but all the questions expect you to know how to be one. Also if you're currently employed and your schedule makes it difficult to have an in-person interview, expect your resume to be thrown out because this company can't be bothered to accommodate when it can find an easier unemployed graduate.

Trade Marketing Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco Canada (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

1 hr phone very difficult know the challenges facing the ind for this interview
    face to face with 2 area managers 1 hr basic questions
    know about the challenges facing the tobacco ind. read the website

Interview Questions

• how would you describe the different types of cigs   1 Answer