Imperial Tobacco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial Tobacco Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.4

Availability Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website, telephone interview, online tests and then an in person interview. Telephone interview seemed easy but I had good experience in a previous role. In person interview the questions were ok but one particular question threw me slightly and my answer wasn't very good. I was told I would hear back in the next 2 working days but after and email, a call and a further email 7 days later I still have no feedback.

I accept if an interview either doesn't go well, another candidate is better or more suited, but I absolute hate it when the company fails to inform you of their decision.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have done something differently which has improved the way you work (something like this)   Answer Question

Graduate Global Finance Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The first stage of the process was a telephone interview, which was a pretty standard competency (relaxed too). A few weeks later, I was invited to the assessment centre. This began at 9 and finished around 5, and, unlike the telephone interview, was quite tense. We were given 1 group case study, 1 individual case study (role play) and one hour long one-to-one interview.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Madrid (Spain)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a test, 1:1 interview and invitation to the Assessment center. The test was ok, there are many preparation websites, they really help. The interview was good, they gave me 2 small cases to solve (on tobacco topic), and asked many general questions. The most nervous part was assessment center, we spent the whole working day, doing presentation and lots of exercises in their office. Even though I didn't pass, I enjoy the process.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why Imperial Tobacco?What do you know about Imperial Tobacco?
      If you had to launch a new brand in country X, would you do that or not?
      Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks or so. You have to pass a numerical test to be invited for a telephone interview. The interview last for approximately 30 minutes and it is a skill based interview. The questions are pretty standard and have been mentioned in a previous review. Why do you want to work of IT? Biggest achievement? When did you have to work in a team. biggest

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Madrid (Spain)) in November 2015.

Interview

Application form + 2 test online ( one numerical and other logical) + interview + assessment day that is going to occur in the next months but 4 months after the last interview that i did. The interview was easy they don't try to discover your level is just an informal talk to know a bit more about you and invite you to the assessment day later

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Taipei (Taiwan)) in June 2015.

Interview

A phone interview with the HR officer just regular interview questions. Followed by a group assessment centre of six-eight people, presentation after case study and discussion (observed by interviewers), overall good experience despite not receiving offer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line and after the evaluation through an on-line test I received the invitation for a telephone interview.

The Process took 2+ months and the interview concerned typical questions of motivation and leadership.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco.

Interview

I applied online on the 5th of January and was asked immediately to complete online tests, numerical reasoning, verbal and situational judgement test.

In three days' time I was informed that I passed to the next stage and got invited to book my telephone interview via the website.

The interview lasted for about 40 minutes and it was not particularly stressful. It was a competency-based interview.

Questions included:

Tell me about the boarder issues the economy is currently facing.

Why tobacco industry?

Why IT?

Why HR?

Why this programme?

Recent challenge + action: Tell me a time when you put effort to know something better in order to achieve an outstanding achievement.

Tell me a time when you delivered quality

Tell me about a time you worked in a team.

Tell me a time when you helped someone achieve an outstanding achievement.

Long term career goals

Tell me a time when you had to work under pressure?

How do you deal with stress?

What will you be doing in your first year?

Strength and weakness and how you will use it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you helped someone achieve an outstanding achievement.   Answer Question

Leadership Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ljubljana (Slovenia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Ljubljana (Slovenia)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied after a presentation at my faculty in October. The selection process is almost a year long. The first round began in January and it was the Kenexa logic and numerical skills tests. The recruter was very nice.

Interview Questions

• The first round were the Kenexa logic and numerical skills tests.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Tobacco (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

nice people and relaxed interview - I felt comfortable answering all questions and the line manager made sure the atmosphere was pleasant. It took two - three days to hear back, but the waiting time to start working was about 4 weeks and I felt that was too long.

Interview Questions

• What inspire you? / Why did you apply for this role? / What skills you anticipate to gain?   Answer Question