In-N-Out Burger Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.2

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

It relatively worked out beginning with getting to know the candidate. Then answering the questions. One great tip for any job is asking questions about the interviewer. Get to know them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for In-N-Out Burger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Signal Hill, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a really good experience with both the managers. Asked questions in between our conversations. It was a pretty long interview but felt pretty sure since they were really kind. I am going to try to reapply since I believe that I was not accepted because there not being an open position at the moment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I got an email telling me to go in for an interview. It was a group interview with one other person applying, and one of the managers. It took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time?
      How would you handle an upset customer?
      Why In-N-Out?
      Reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

I applied to a brand new store so they had open interviews, which is not the situation for most stores. I talked to a manager in my first interview and she was mostly looking for personality and a smile. My second interview was with the store manager, 2nd manager, and one other manager from a different store. They mostly look for a good attitude and a great smile, as they hire many younger people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Fresno, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A week later, I followed up in person, asked for the hiring manager and handed in my resume. The hiring manager said he would check my application and call in a few days. A few days go by, and I haven't received a call. I go back in to follow up, and it was a different hiring manager. She took down my number and said she'll check my application and give me a call. A week goes by, and still no call. I follow up again, meeting a DIFFERENT hiring manager that differs from the last two. He asked for my name, went in the back, came back and set up an interview with me the following day. Felt like some kind of test, haha. The interview was with one person, and another working observing. After the interview, they said they'd call by next week. If I didn't receive the call, I didn't get the cut. I'm still waiting though, will follow up soon to see if I qualified.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

There were three interviews, the first one was a group interview with one of the managers. There were four people including myself in the group interview. I got a call back that day for an interview for the next day. The second interview I had was just me and another one of the managers. Then my third interview was that same day with the store manger. I believe normally they set-up different day for the third interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my schedule, what hours I could work, why I would like to work for In N Out, Am I able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment and then give an example, talk about a time I showed good customer service, tell them about myself like whatever I want to tell them what I am involved what my goals are my background whatever it is   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Called in for a group interview with an associate manager. Popcorn style responses, passed the first round and was asked to come back for an individual interview with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

the said are u done with college? do u work hard? why do you wanna work here? Do you like to smile? Are you ok with the dress policy? Dress nice, dont curse, shave, no earrings no visable tatoos

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Gilroy, CA).

Interview

I went in when they were having interviews on Thursdays. They sat me down outside, I gave him my application. We started talking. Nothing too crazy. Dress nice, and smile a lot! Seriously smile a lot!

Interview Questions

• What was the most recent job you had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online then go into the store to follow up. You will most likely be offered an interview then you have to do good in that first one in order to have the second. So total there are two interviews!