In-N-Out Burger Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.2

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Anaheim, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about 2 days later for an interview event. It was a group interview where the manager separated us into groups of 5 and asked to questions. I individual and one group that anyone could respond to. After that he asked for hours and said we would receive a call by Friday for a second interview or the job. ( the interview was on a Wednesday).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for In-N-Out Burger

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 4 days later received an email saying to attend their interview event at 10AM (basically when they opened while it wasn't busy yet). I was super nervous and didn't know but interviewed with the Store Manager, he was nice so I got more comfortable and he just asked me questions about school and volunteer (since I didn't have work experience). Overall it was an easy interview, he just wanted to get to know me. I also asked him a couple of questions too. He then gave me a 2nd interview on the spot and I agreed to come in the next day. I came in the same time and was supposed to interview with a different manager but she wasn't working on that day so another manager interviewed me and I had met him yesterday too so we recognized each other. In this interview I was expecting much harder situational questions but he asked me pretty much the same questions as the Store Manager did. In the end I asked him a couple of questions and then he said that I deserved the job and hired me on the spot. He also said that the Store Manager that interviewed me at first liked me as well. Overall in both interviews I remained calm and enjoyed talking to them since they were so kind! I shared a laugh with both managers so I believe that made them really like me. Also, whenever I spoke about the company I made sure to sound passionate and somewhat personal. Just show them how friendly, easy-going, and genuine you are also how professional and willing you are to learn. Be open-minded, smart about your answers, and be confident! Good luck and don't be so nervous! Remember that In-N-Out is known for having friendly service so always keep in mind that the interviewers there are understanding and really nice! Also, ALWAYS ASK THE INTERVIEWERS QUESTIONS!* (I'm pretty sure this is what made me stand out)

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Group Interview. Asked basic questions like why work for INO? Name a time you had good/bad customer service. Talk about yourself. Interview was roughly 20 minutes. Got called back for 2nd interview which lasted 5 minutes asking for available times.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online 2 days later got a call for an interview. You are interview by one of the managers working that day. The interview was pretty easy just basic questions & past work experiences. At the end of the interview the interviewer said to come back tomorrow for another interview but this time it was quick about 10 minutes all they ask was about my future as a student (High school) like college and so & so at the end, I got hired. Overall it's the not hard & you know you'll get the job when they say come back for another interview because it means you passed the first one.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews, the final one was with the store manager. The process was very positive and the interviewers were all very nice and friendly. Don't be nervous but prepare your answers and what you're going to say beforehand

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Vista, CA).

Interview

Very black and white interview process. We want to gauge if you're a people person. They may ask situational questions or personal. Most managers will ask what's important to you in order to see how you fit with the culture of INO

Interview Questions

• What are your values?
      Why work for In N Out?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Pleasant Hill, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was very easy. It was a group interview with three other people being interviewed, and we were asked very basic questions. The first interview lasted about 20 minutes, and a few days later I was asked for a second interview. The second interview was 1 on 1 with the manager & lasted 5-10 minutes top. Once again, fairly easy questions that were a little more in depth and personal than the first round.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work here?
      How would you deal with an upset customer?
      What is your biggest accomplishment in the past year of your life?
      Have you ever taken a leadership role in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

My whole interview process was very positive! It took 1 week and I did 3 interviews total. My first interview was a group with two other people and the manager let us know how the group interview would work - she would ask us each different questions and then ask a few more questions where we were free to answer them whenever we were comfortable. The second interview was the quickest, this manager was very friendly and easy to talk to, it felt very casual even though it was an interview. The third interview with the lead manager was short too, under 10 minutes. He was very friendly and once I made conversation with him the whole process went smoothly! The managers all ask the same questions so it's easy, the two people from my first interview got the job as well! Just smile a lot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Paso, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Del Paso, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was very quick, no pressure, the interviewer was very nice and very easy to talk too. The interview lasted no longer than 10 minutes, if even that. He made it very comfortable for me, asked basic questions none too tricky.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What do you like to do in your spare time
      What's your avalibility   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Fresno, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview 4 days later. It was a group interview. Friendly person that conducted the interview. We went around answering the same question. It was over in 15 minutes. Said if we didn't hear back in a week then to try another In-N-Out. Hopefully I hear back.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with upset customer?   1 Answer