In-N-Out Burger Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.3

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Lodi, CA).

Interview

Applied online, it helps if you actually know a few people who already work there so they can Help expedite the whole process. The interview process was great, quick and easy and the managers loved me. They really want you to be yourself and I actually felt comfortable talking with them and answering questions. Don’t remember too much about what they asked but I know that the first interview was about your work experience and the second interview was more personal and they wanted to get to know YOU. Except I never received a job offer because an employee threatened to quit if I was hired (petty lol). The whole process was rather quick and I had two interviews within the span of about 3 or 4 days!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for In-N-Out Burger

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

I was given a call a few days after applying. The first interview were geared towards my prior work experience and why I wanted to work for In-N-Out. It went pretty smooth and I was offered a second interview later on that day.

The second interview was more personal. I was interviewed by the manager about my university and hobbies. I was also asked about my availability. It went really good as well. I was told they liked what I had to say and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question
    • Is there a time you felt you gave great customer service? Explain the situation   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 4 days later received an email saying to attend their interview event at 10AM (basically when they opened while it wasn't busy yet). I was super nervous and didn't know but interviewed with the Store Manager, he was nice so I got more comfortable and he just asked me questions about school and volunteer (since I didn't have work experience). Overall it was an easy interview, he just wanted to get to know me. I also asked him a couple of questions too. He then gave me a 2nd interview on the spot and I agreed to come in the next day. I came in the same time and was supposed to interview with a different manager but she wasn't working on that day so another manager interviewed me and I had met him yesterday too so we recognized each other. In this interview I was expecting much harder situational questions but he asked me pretty much the same questions as the Store Manager did. In the end I asked him a couple of questions and then he said that I deserved the job and hired me on the spot. He also said that the Store Manager that interviewed me at first liked me as well. Overall in both interviews I remained calm and enjoyed talking to them since they were so kind! I shared a laugh with both managers so I believe that made them really like me. Also, whenever I spoke about the company I made sure to sound passionate and somewhat personal. Just show them how friendly, easy-going, and genuine you are also how professional and willing you are to learn. Be open-minded, smart about your answers, and be confident! Good luck and don't be so nervous! Remember that In-N-Out is known for having friendly service so always keep in mind that the interviewers there are understanding and really nice! Also, ALWAYS ASK THE INTERVIEWERS QUESTIONS!* (I'm pretty sure this is what made me stand out)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Anaheim, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about 2 days later for an interview event. It was a group interview where the manager separated us into groups of 5 and asked to questions. I individual and one group that anyone could respond to. After that he asked for hours and said we would receive a call by Friday for a second interview or the job. ( the interview was on a Wednesday).

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Group Interview. Asked basic questions like why work for INO? Name a time you had good/bad customer service. Talk about yourself. Interview was roughly 20 minutes. Got called back for 2nd interview which lasted 5 minutes asking for available times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Ventura, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Had to wait for about 5 minutes for an interview. Was pretty casual. They just brought me out and asked some questions then the interviewer told me that he scheduled an interview for the next day with the manager. I said thank you and shook his hand. Later in the day i checked my phone and saw an email from in n out and opened it. It said that i had unfortunately not gotten the job, and i noticed that it was sent at the time my interview was over. I think it might of been an error but idk. Was my first ever interview so at least i got some experience out of it.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online 2 days later got a call for an interview. You are interview by one of the managers working that day. The interview was pretty easy just basic questions & past work experiences. At the end of the interview the interviewer said to come back tomorrow for another interview but this time it was quick about 10 minutes all they ask was about my future as a student (High school) like college and so & so at the end, I got hired. Overall it's the not hard & you know you'll get the job when they say come back for another interview because it means you passed the first one.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in May 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews, the final one was with the store manager. The process was very positive and the interviewers were all very nice and friendly. Don't be nervous but prepare your answers and what you're going to say beforehand

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Vista, CA).

Interview

Very black and white interview process. We want to gauge if you're a people person. They may ask situational questions or personal. Most managers will ask what's important to you in order to see how you fit with the culture of INO

Interview Questions

• What are your values?
      Why work for In N Out?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Pleasant Hill, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was very easy. It was a group interview with three other people being interviewed, and we were asked very basic questions. The first interview lasted about 20 minutes, and a few days later I was asked for a second interview. The second interview was 1 on 1 with the manager & lasted 5-10 minutes top. Once again, fairly easy questions that were a little more in depth and personal than the first round.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work here?
      How would you deal with an upset customer?
      What is your biggest accomplishment in the past year of your life?
      Have you ever taken a leadership role in your life?   Answer Question