Indeed Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indeed Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Indeed

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indeed in November 2011.

Interview

First they gave full sales pitch of the company and then had breakfast. The first thing in the day is the programming test, gave us machines and asked to finish a task. The code is not hard but I need more time to get used to the ubuntu and set up the things so they work as expected.

Interview Questions

• Gave me eclipse on an Ubuntu machine, could not get that working.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Indeed

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indeed in September 2014.

Interview

Attend the career fair and talked with a recruiter from Indeed, asked a question. Then received the campus interview notification. Campus interview is a one to one interview with one tech problem, and some chat about the resume. After the campus interview, got on site notification. Currently still waiting for on site.

Interview Questions

• Two strings standing for tow lines of words, count and calculate frequency of each word in the two strings   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indeed.

Interview

Got a call the same night after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair. Had an in person interview the next day with one of their engineers. They asked a few background questions and then I was told to solve a technical problem.

Interview Questions

• find total weight of a tree of hangers   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indeed.

Interview

On campus interview. The question is not difficult, he just reviewed my resume about 10 mins and ask 2 tech question. 1. implement hash 2. remove duplicates if permit one duplicate, if permit 2 duplicates

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indeed.

Interview

Apply on campus career fair. Got a interview the next day. Ask a simple coding problem. reverse a string and a html file. input: <hi;>< output: <>ih;<.
    i didn't get the onsite.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied at a college career fair, then they gave me an in person interview. After doing decently in that they gave me an online coding question. Currently heading to Austin Texas for a full day interview and dinner. All food is paid for

Interview Questions

• The asked me a method that took in a string and return words up to the max length. There could be any amount of spaces which made it a little tricky   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indeed in October 2014.

Interview

Online test and asked me for a phone interview two day later.
    Phone interview is actually quite easy, find the first duplicated word in a string. like "sky blue dark blue", simply return blue. Just use a hashset and it is solved! I wrote the code in one shot and then he asked about some of the basic problems of hashtable, time complexity etc, which I was able to answer very quickly. Then he asked if the string is so big, that it is a book, how would you do that?
    A little bit communication with the interviewer and I was able to give the solution as well.
    But go rejection email three days later. And I have no idea why.

Interview Questions

• Actually all the questions he gave is reasonable and basic problems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indeed (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted in the campus job fair, and did one-round on-campus interview, and one on-line test, then was brought to on-site interview.
    The on-campus interview is half-hour long, just one question about coding, how to count the number of different words in one sentences.
    Then the online test is two questions, first one is check the valid paranthesis, second oen.... sorry ,do not remember
    Then the on-site interview, I cannot reveal the questions since I signed the paper. But nothing unexpected, just take it easy. THe office is pretty good, big table, great food and etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just very normal questions. Like how to count the number of different words in one sentences.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indeed in October 2014.

Interview

contacted via campus drive. Had a very nice discussion at career fair booth. HR called next day for initial round technical interview. It is just 30 min interview and interviewer rushed through many concepts. Dint get time to explain in detail. Everything was superficial.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indeed (Austin, TX).

Interview

This made me pretty angry....this happened to me and my friend who interviewed for full time 2 weeks ago. The HR told us that we would find out if we got the position the afternoon of the interview...her words were "we are a website that helps people find jobs so we know what it is like when you have to wait to find out if you got the job or not, so we will get back to everyone by the afternoon." I never got a response from them, I had to email them and 3 days later they emailed me back saying "sorry etc..." Same thing happend to my friend except they never got back to him.

Interview Questions

• Return a list of duplicate words in a sentence. {The dog is the best} returns {the}   2 Answers