Independence University Career Services Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Independence University

1 Interview Review

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Independence University (Pensacola, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

My 1st interview was a group interview with other candidates online through Zoom and the 2nd interview was a panel interview with role play online through Zoom. IU sent an email thanking me for my interest, but another candidate was chosen two or three days after the second interview, the email came in on a Friday; the following Monday, a recruiter called me to say they had a few more interviews and they are still trying to choose a candidate - please be patient. A week later, another recruiter called with a job offer, which I accepted. I was told that I would receive two emails, the first within 24-72 hours and if I didn't receive the message to call her, which I left a phone message and sent an email after 48 hours. The recruiter responded to my email by stating that she would look into it. The very next day, I received a voice message and an email that they were rescinding the offer "after thoughtful consideration, they decided to move forward with other candidates." I sent an email thanking the recruiter for letting me know and asked what I could have done differently, to which there was no reply. If they weren't sure who they wanted to fill the position, they shouldn't have told me that I was their first choice and they shouldn't have made an offer. Everyone in the interview was very nice, and I thought I was making a good decision to join this company, but this experience has led me, and other professionals I have shared this with, to consider Independence University to be very unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be a good candidate for the position?   1 Answer