Independent News Data Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Independent News

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Independent News

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Independent News (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

This position was to work as independently in INM as there was no development team and you would have to work independent. You will get requirement from Data scientist and you will have to complete those.
I had first interview as face to face with Data scientist and Senior project Manager. It was just a formal talk about my experience and the work which I have done in past. The interviewers were nice and communicative. At the end of the interview, they gave me one coding project (Facebook graph API integration) to work at home and send the code to them. I worked on this project really well and send the code. They were really impressed with my coding skills and called me for final round with Head of the Development & Data and Project manager. They asked me about work which I did in past. How did I handled the situations, the issues which I solved, the system which I designed and etc. Overall it was good interview. The feedback was positive.

Second day I got call from recruiter saying that they moved with another candidate as he had more experience in the web and data analytics, the area they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Facebook graph API integration with your application. Which will fetch the data from the post from a facebook page e.g. likes , comments etc. and store into database. It should also support refresh mechanism.   Answer Question