Indian Air Force Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Air Force Interview Questions

3.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Air Force.

Interview

I have been shortlisted in Airforce Common Admission Test(AFCAT).
    next was Airfoce selection board interview (usually SSB for army and navy).
    The process took 5 days and we have to stay there for all the days(first day was elimination) service selection board interview consisting of almost 15 to 20 rounds.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (Mysore (India)).

Interview

SSB- Service selection board. 5 days process, ones OLQs are checked. Candidates are accessed on the paper ( psychological test) , in the field (GTO Tasks) and orally (1:1 and many:1 interview). Psychologist make a image of a candidate based on his responses in psychological test and pass it to interviewer and GTO. later will cross check those proposed qualities in the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Rapid fire of 10-20 one after another, whom do you think in your group should be recommended, rate yourself.   1 Answer

Short Service Commission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (Mysore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring process involves 3 stages; first is the screening stage, second is the conference and third is the medical examination. Screening stage involves verbal and non-verbal, picture perception test, story narration and group discussion. Whoever clears this stage moves on to the next level. This involves various testing like word association test, group task, individual task and situation reaction test. People clearing this round then move on to the next round viz medical examination. After the medical examination there is a final merit list which shows whether a candidate is selected or not.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (Varanasi (India)).

Interview

The selection process ( SSB interview ) is very methodical and good. It looks for the desirable qualities of an "officer" and a "leader". A candidate is evaluated in various qualities as an "individual" and as " a member of a group ". There is no bias to race, caste or creed.

Interview Questions

• There is no system of performance alerts which are likely to affect one's promotions. Though directives are issued to counsel subordinates but they are often not done for some hidden fear among the evaluating officer which itself reflects the lack of judgement and leadership qualities of the assessing officer.   1 Answer

Senior Non Comissioned Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

news paper advertisement appearing two times in a year

Interview Questions

• removing your underwear in front of others for medical examination   1 Answer

Confrence Out Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (Mysore (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

very impressive.
    they want the best!!.
    builds leadership as well as workmanship quality.
    HIMMAT badh gayi ,,to face any challenge.

Interview Questions

• why you are speaking in english?
      though you have scored 95 in english in CBSE-XII   1 Answer

Senior Non Comissioned Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (New Delhi (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

based on the written test and interview

Interview Questions

• during interview always be positive and expose yourself only   1 Answer

SSB Interview At 2AFSB Mysore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (Mysore (India)) in September 2009.

Interview

It is a super process through which u undergoa 2 day screening test and if u pass in that then u'll be allowed to stay for 4 more days..

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to join in IAF?   1 Answer

Flying Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (Mysore (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

After being shortlisted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) for having cleared the written test, I was called for the SSB(Service Selection Board) interview.
    The interview was conducted at the Air Force Selection Board in Mysore. It was a 6-day affair that consisted of rigorous selection procedures. Though I can't divulge the exact details of all the tests conducted, it consisted of Intelligence and Psychological tests, Group discussion, Military Planning, Individual and Group Physical tasks and finally a Personal Interview.
    The only advice I would offer is, "Be yourself. Don't try to bluff, you will be caught. And take it easy!"

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to join the Air Force or the Armed Forces?   Answer Question

Senior Air Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indian Air Force (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2008.

Interview

i st line servicing of aircraft before turn round and last flying servicing ,marshiling in day and night to receive and see of of aircraft for flying,ground handling support after flying before pack up of shift

Interview Questions

• no tolerance or any excuse permitted for any job on air craft ....it has to be 100 % safety for safe landing and take off and to give full support to passenger   1 Answer
    • WE MUST BE READY TO ACCEPT SUDDEN CALL FOR JOB TO SOLVE PROBLEMS LET IT WHER ARE YOU AT RHAT TIME   1 Answer