Indian Institute of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Indian Institute of Science

3.2

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straight-forward. The professor focuses mainly on the topic you will be working, relevant work experience is a huge advantage. A typical interview will last for 30 min at IISc (Depends on the department).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science.

Interview

Be prepared with resume and position background . Learn stuff online . Have a consice resume . have a proper reasearch mentality. . . . . . . . . . . .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science.

Interview

Asked about educational background. GPA and interests. Whether I will be willing to work on my own. Since I worked under a scientist, he asked me about how much I was interested in the kind of research he was doing and whether I would fit into his lab.

Intern Interview

Interview

It is more of Cgpa and your resume shortlist. With an interview with the department professor. If u are confident enough, u can crack it. All the best. Hope this is helpful

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

Direct interview after online application. irrelevant to the topic of research. Portal does not have option to upload CV. They don't look at CVs or research publications.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview was mainly based on testing mathematical concepts related to the project. You will be asked to solve problems using the whiteboard provided. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Given a random variable X with mean mu and variance sigma squared, transform it into a random variable Y such that Y has zero mean and variance of 1.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2019.

Interview

According to GATE exam score, Interested candidate is called to take test and interview for selection. Selection depends both upon your GATE score and interview with test Performance. It takes around whole day.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2018.

Interview

it was very good experience the interviewer was very calm and polite just asked about what i mentioned on my resume that's it.he took around 30 minutes to interview me the questions were average not so difficult not so easy ones too

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was not that difficult. I knew almost all the answers. And they ask aptitude based plus theory based questions. Some faculties also. Help you out in answering questions.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There were three professors on the panel . They ask you three subject areas of interest and ask questions based on it. The interview is generally 15 mins long. Each professor timed his/her questions.

Interview Questions

• How chemotherapy works and in which phase of the cell cycle does it affect?   Answer Question