Indian Institute of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Institute of Science Interview Questions

Interviews at Indian Institute of Science

3.2

Mtech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Interview

I applied for CDS-CP through GATE Examination in Mtech Research Program. After they shortlisted the candidates on basis of GATE score. Written Test and Interview was conducted. After a week or so, they published list of short listed candodates.

Interview Questions

• About my backgroud, Why I'm interested in this perticular course.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

If your basics are not good then the interview will be quite tough. But if you have very good basics on physics , chemistry you can easily crack the Interview. Never simply go and attend interview you will screwed for sure.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science.

Interview

You are called for an interview on the basis of a minimum GATE scores or upon qualifying CSIR-NET. In the interview, you are questioned on the basics of a scientific topic of your choice which then deviates into varied topics. Questions typically emphasize on unlocking your thinking potential or checking your approach to a certain question.

Interview Questions

• Are you rigid about working on a particularly specific field of research?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science.

Interview

Appeared at CDS-CP stream for M.Tech (Res.) at IISc.
    Initial screening - written test contained maths questions (graph plotting computation etc.) and small programs.
    This was followed by an interview which lasted 20-25 min.
    There were 4 profs on panel. Head read out my admission application/credentials to the panel.

Interview Questions

• 1st:You are from Physics background. So, why you want to join our department?   Answer Question
    • 2nd : Draw graph of some exponential function etc.   Answer Question
    • 3rd: Write series expansion of exponential function.   Answer Question
    • 4th: WAP to evaluate this series function with certain tolerance.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science.

Interview

Selection process consists of two stages. First is written test followed by interview. Written test consists of basic questions on engineering subjects like C, Database, Operating systems, Computer Networks. In interview the main focus is on C and Unix and also our interesting subject.

MTech Student Interview

Interview

The interview process is tough and the panelists are mostly professors which are on the top of their field. You need to know the basics of which ever background you are of as they will not spare you from the basics.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Masters qualified students are eligible to apply for the program.
    GATE, NET and other competitive exam qualified students get selected for the interview. However, if Mtech qualified, then the candidate doesn't require to be qualified in the competitive exams.
    The candidate is required to select the departments of interest during the application process by paying fee.
    Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview in the respective department.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science in April 2017.

Interview

Good working environment. If you see the place you will love the environment. Very peaceful environment. People aer good but only thing is you need to have good knowledge on programming of you want to survive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhagalpur, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bhagalpur, Bihar (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment based interview. I had to develop algorithms for some NP hard graph partitioning problems which includes graph partitioning ,convexity detection of each partition set and longest delay path minimization of each partition.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions related to algorithms and graph theory.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

it was one one on one technical interview involving topics on the course which i had taken. they asked about various topics in my field and regarding my projects and what further do i want to continue.