Indian Institute of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Institute of Science Interview Questions

Interviews at Indian Institute of Science

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Mailed the respective professor.
    Interview- general question on research topic
    Trail period to judge your research aptitude.
    Work with Ph.D. students and pick on certain fundamentals to execute the project.
    Weekly interview to see progress and then the final decision is made after one month of work in the respective lab

Interview Questions

• Describe your research topic?   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science.

Interview

It was a simple one on one with the professor. He asked a few questions on my previous work and pretty much all he wanted to know was about my interest and work culture.

Interview Questions

• What do wish to gain from this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

tough, straightforward technical questions, Questions like -future aspirations and reasons to join.
    Semiconductor-related questions ;
    The aim in future and why science?
    How can IISC help in fulfilling long term goal?
    Asked to finish one assignment , one cover letter, and presentations.

M Sc - PhD Admission Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

A national level test either IIT-JAM (Joint Admission for Masters) or JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test). If you qualify anyone, then according to your rank they call you for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Draw a particular mathematical expression/function roughly.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

first they will take Objective type question exam and they after clearing the exam you will be selected for interview process . in interview you should be strong in basic of core subject . like operating system, DAA,TOC etc

Interview Questions

• What Is Non-determinism And Determinism And What Is The Difference Between Them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was web based. Simple interview about previous work. You should be clear about your future goals and also relate them to your previous work. Also a recommendation from someone you have worked closely with would help.

Interview Questions

• My interests and how it would work with their interests.   Answer Question

Research A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Was asked about my master's thesis and questions were on that, and on my role in the team was over all pretty good. Programming skills my were tested and my knowledge in mathematics and application of machine learning.

Interview Questions

• Describe your thesis? and Image processing few questions and mathematics.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Good questions, relevant to my specialization. Asked on fundamentals and judged the thinking process of solving the problems. Gradually went into depth depending on the answers. Honest replies expected, no bluffing. The interview went on for more than an hour. Happy experience overall.

Integrated PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interview was a good interactive process with about 12 faculty interviewing a candidate. They made me feel comfortable and asked a lot of questions. I was also asked to write or draw things on board for better illustration.

Interview Questions

• How many sigma factors does a typical bacterial cell have?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Interview

they ask some basic question related to ur field only, hence prepare propely go throught the research from there lab n Institute of Science (IISc) is a public university for scientific research and higher education located in Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore), India. Established in 1909 with active support from Jamsetji Tata it is also locally known as the "Tata Institute".[3] It acquired the status of a Deemed University in 1958. IISc is widely regarded as India's finest institution in its field,[4][5][6][7][8] and has been ranked at number 11 world wide (and ranked 3rd in Asia) when considering the criteria of Citations per Faculty in 2014.[5] IISc has been ranked number 1 and 4 in the BRICS and Asian region respectively while considering the criteria of Pa