Indian Institute of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Institute of Science Interview Questions

Interviews at Indian Institute of Science

3.2

M Sc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Got selected for interview in Electronics Systems Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology Bangalore. It was a personal Interview in the Department of Electronics Engineering. There were seating arrangements and the interview was well planned.

Interview Questions

• What happens to a number if you keep on taking its root? Will it reach a particular limit?   1 Answer

Ph D Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Net, gate, icmr or inspire fellowship is required to qualify for iisc interview . depending on cut off candidates are called for interview. after 2 rounds of interview candidates are selected for phd.

Interview Questions

• difference between gram positive and gram negative organsisms   1 Answer

PhD Student/PDF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

highly competitive. Written + 2 rounds of interview. Only best can get here. written can be GATE/ CSIR/ DBT/ ICMR entrance. Interview round i excellent and every one enjoys. They ask very basic questions. They like listening to approach rather the answers.

Interview Questions

• How long you can stay? What are your expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is as per the norms. Everyone gets the same.

MTech (Research) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Only students who clear a specified cutoff in GATE exam are allowed to write the first round of written exam.

Not all eligible students were interviewed on the same day. This was spread over a span of 5 days.

To qualify, you are expected to know your area of interest beforehand. They broadly classify this into three categories which are as follows:

Theoretical Computer Science
    Computer Systems and
    Intelligent Systems

For the written round, all questions were technical pertaining to the subject of Engineering Mathematics, Computer Architecture, Operating Systems and C Programming among others. There were 15 questions that they expected us to solve in 40 minutes.

My interview lasted for around 30-45 minutes. Most of the questions that I was asked were from data structures, algorithms and a few from computer organization.

Some of the problems were tricky and require on the spot thinking. The faculty is absolutely friendly and will go out of their way to put a student at ease and make oneself comfortable. They will repeatedly give you pointers whenever you stumble upon a problem. They also give enough room to correct yourself in case you answer a problem incorrectly in the first try.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

it was a face to face interview,got a call from the organisation to attend the interview all of a sudden and gave the answers honestly and with best of my knowledge and was asked about my graduation and technical projects and had another interview with the professors of the organisation.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

My mail was forwarded to the CTO who then Interviewed me over the phone . He asked me to explain the Projects I carried in college on Phone. Then a date was assigned where I was supposed to review the Projects being carried out by the lab and explain the same .

Interview Questions

• College Projects
      Technical Questions on MEMS , Integrated Circuits . I was also asked about Team Management . I was then asked to refer the projects being carried out by the lab online and send a brief report on Improvements on the same .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Questions related to Degree. Basics of electronics etc. Logical reasoning questions. Very helpful and calm interviewer. interview time between 30-45 minutes. Salary not discussed. No accommodation provided. Independent working conditions.

Interview Questions

• Basics of electronics : How does a diode work? PN junctions? Derive the formula. Transistor working. Working of Op-amps - derive the suitable formual   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

first we have to send our certificated and depending on oyur skills your will be called for an one on one interview where the employer verifies your skills and the tasks are assigned

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you in MATLAB   1 Answer

M E Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science.

Interview

You need to get very good rank in gate and then followed by an interview depending on the course you apply. I had got a very good rank n gat under 10 in mechanical. Then based on my score I applied to three univerisitis, IITM, IISC, IITK and got direct call into IISc

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very delicate and people tend to support if you get stuck....but always say No when you don't know....after all you are being interviewed by the best minds in the country...sooner or later they will find out the glitch in you

Interview Questions

• Tell us topics you feel you know the subtle part is "you feel you know"   1 Answer