Indian Institute of Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Indian Institute of Science

3.2

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

face to face interview, Basic Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Computational Fluid Dynamic Questions, Coding, make sure all your fundamentals are strong and show a passion for work

Interview Questions

• Basic Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Computational Fluid Dynamic Questions, Coding   Answer Question

M E Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was selected from GATE score.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Lecture at the department and then meeting with Individual professors. Everyone has unique questions, both social and scientific. Generally very friendly but difficult to evaluate the opinion at the end of the discussion.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term and long term plan towards your independent research career in this institution.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is based on the experience and fixed according to Govt of India regulations. BUT one can negotiate the start up research grant.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

I had applied through GATE score. But for selection, main factor is interview. Few people get shortlisted for every department. Interview is conducted by panel of 5-8 professors. At the start of the interview, the area of interest is asked. Questions are asked generally from that area. A lot of freedom is there in terms of which depts you can apply. Just that you need to clear the interview for that dept, no matter what your B.Tech dept was.

Interview Questions

• - From which area you want questions to be asked?
      - Write heat transfer equation on sphere surface.
      - What is Biot number?
      - What was your rank in B.Tech college?
      - Want to join PhD or MSc?
      - What was B.Tech project? Describe.   Answer Question

BS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Kolkata (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a panel constituted of 6 people who were taking the interviews. Asked from each of the subjects. Basics should be clear. And one should be confident enough to tackle questions from every angle. The interview lasted for about 30 minute or so.

Interview Questions

• Asked about interests, molecular biology, rdna technique, ph and equilibrium, graphs   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

I came to know about the position openings from my senior, who was former employee of here, though it was in website also. Then I applied through mail and went through interview after that they send a contract offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase only for the time of joining, not regarding salary as the salary of post doctoral fellow is fixed by DST.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

the selection procedure was left to the home institute i.e for eg. in our case our institute selected the top 10 from our department and among that the top 3 were selected.

the selection process is expected to change from this year on wards.

Interview Questions

• nothing as such but i would advice for a strong resume and good conduct with the HOD   Answer Question

Senior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Direct interview with the Professor. He wanted to test my research and problem solving acumen. Gave me a recent research problem and asked me to solve it and come back within a month. It was a really tough and latest problem and involved only mathematics. Fortunately, i could solve it.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

First of all you have to qualify any one of the following written exams with very good rank, preferably bellow 100 (may change year to year)
    NET
    JEST
    GATE
    Then you have to apply for admission to iisc. if you are sort listed then you will be called for interview. You may appear at three different department for interview. The panel will contain the prof who are willing to take student for that year. They will first ask you question from the subject you are most comfortable. They will start from easy question and slowly go to difficult one. They will only test your knowledge on related subject. The people are very helpful in interview
    For int phd, you have to appear iisc admission written test, which is conducted in all major cites in india.
    And for under graduate you have to qualify kvpy exam.

Interview Questions

• There will not be any unexpected question. They will only ask question from your subject.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Applicants are short listed for interview based on GATE score/rank or IISc entrance test score, and based on performance in undergraduate course (and master level course, if done).
    2. There is only one interview which is face-to-face and is very extensive. The interview will usually last for about 45 minutes to 75 minutes. The interview panel will consist of professors from the department who are specialized in the stream you are planning to do the PhD in.