Indian Institute of Science Project Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Institute of Science Project Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Indian Institute of Science

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straight-forward. The professor focuses mainly on the topic you will be working, relevant work experience is a huge advantage. A typical interview will last for 30 min at IISc (Depends on the department).

Other Interview Reviews for Indian Institute of Science

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview was mainly based on testing mathematical concepts related to the project. You will be asked to solve problems using the whiteboard provided. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Given a random variable X with mean mu and variance sigma squared, transform it into a random variable Y such that Y has zero mean and variance of 1.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

If your basics are not good then the interview will be quite tough. But if you have very good basics on physics , chemistry you can easily crack the Interview. Never simply go and attend interview you will screwed for sure.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science in April 2017.

Interview

Good working environment. If you see the place you will love the environment. Very peaceful environment. People aer good but only thing is you need to have good knowledge on programming of you want to survive.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Mailed the respective professor.
    Interview- general question on research topic
    Trail period to judge your research aptitude.
    Work with Ph.D. students and pick on certain fundamentals to execute the project.
    Weekly interview to see progress and then the final decision is made after one month of work in the respective lab

Interview Questions

• Describe your research topic?   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science.

Interview

It was a simple one on one with the professor. He asked a few questions on my previous work and pretty much all he wanted to know was about my interest and work culture.

Interview Questions

• What do wish to gain from this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

tough, straightforward technical questions, Questions like -future aspirations and reasons to join.
    Semiconductor-related questions ;
    The aim in future and why science?
    How can IISC help in fulfilling long term goal?
    Asked to finish one assignment , one cover letter, and presentations.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was web based. Simple interview about previous work. You should be clear about your future goals and also relate them to your previous work. Also a recommendation from someone you have worked closely with would help.

Interview Questions

• My interests and how it would work with their interests.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Interview

they ask some basic question related to ur field only, hence prepare propely go throught the research from there lab n Institute of Science (IISc) is a public university for scientific research and higher education located in Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore), India. Established in 1909 with active support from Jamsetji Tata it is also locally known as the "Tata Institute".[3] It acquired the status of a Deemed University in 1958. IISc is widely regarded as India's finest institution in its field,[4][5][6][7][8] and has been ranked at number 11 world wide (and ranked 3rd in Asia) when considering the criteria of Citations per Faculty in 2014.[5] IISc has been ranked number 1 and 4 in the BRICS and Asian region respectively while considering the criteria of Pa

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

it was a face to face interview,got a call from the organisation to attend the interview all of a sudden and gave the answers honestly and with best of my knowledge and was asked about my graduation and technical projects and had another interview with the professors of the organisation.