Indian Oil ENGINEERING OFFICER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Oil ENGINEERING OFFICER Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

Officer/Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

First they proceeded with GD and GT.
General topics are given for the Group Discussion.Be very conscious of what you say and behave well during GD and GT rounds.
Personal Interview will have HR and technical rounds simultaneously.Panel will have the members related to HR,Technical and Marketing etc..
If you don't know anything just say I don't know politely. If u say wrong,admit it. Don't try to cover the mistakes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Indian Oil

Officer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Allahabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

shortlisting based on CGPA then personal interview.I was interviewed at my campus MNNIT ALLAHABAD. Total 17 were shortlisted (7 from GENERAL, 5 from OBC, 3 from SC and 2 from ST ). Finally, they selected 5 people.(1 GENERAL,2 OBC,1 SC,1 ST)

Branch- Mechanical Engg.

Interview Questions

• interview consisted both technical as well as hr question.
      the panel consists of four people. two hr and two technical persons. the panel was really friendly. first, they made me comfortable then they started asking me questions.

HR Total-
      1-tell us the badest thing about IOCL?
      2-why would u like to join govt. sector ?
      3-would u go for the higher study if not then the reason behind the same?
      4-tell us something about your family?
      5-tell us something about IOCL that was not there in ppt.

TECHNICAL QUESTIONS-
      My area of interest is fluid mechanics and hydraulic machines so they asked the question from that.
      1-what do u understand by hydraulic machines and what r their types?
      2-draw the characteristic curves for the centrifugal pump?
      3-what is the purpose of connecting pump in series?
      4-what is the requirement of sealing in a pump and where it is provided and the types of sealing?
      5-what do u understand by NPSH?
      6-what do u understand by Bernoulli's equation and what r the applications of it?
      7-tell us something about your final year project?( then they asked some question about my project)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

be confident while answering questions. be patience and keep smile on face.

Officer/Engineer Interview

Interview

I wrote gate 2016 and got shortlisted for interview. Interview was 1 day process consists of gd, gt and interview . Asked me about internship , pump, pipelines, etc. Gd topic : aggressive or silence is better for the day? Gt: save 3 people from a flooded region consist of 8 members.

Engineering Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Indian Oil (New Delhi (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

i applied through gate 2016.the process took 5-6 months. i got my interview call in may 2016 to be interviewed on 15th of july. at first there was documents verification after which there was gd then gt at the same sitting. gd/gt is very simple and no one put focus on our group and were involved in their talking.

Interview Questions

• what is ur gate rank?
      which sector u would like to join?
      what is euro fuels?
      where are the refineneries of iocl?
      why a particular sector and why not others?
      what is ur hobby?
      etc..

Engineer/Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Mumbai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

It started with Document verification.
    No mass elimination.
    One has to appear all stages of selection process.
    Interview based on mainly Technical Questions with 2-3 HR questions, took 30 minutes approx.
    Group Discussion of 30 minutes followed by a Group Task of 30 minutes on another topic.
    Crystal clear organization of event. Supportive HR organizing staff.

Interview Questions

• Group Discussion Topic   1 Answer
    • Group Task   1 Answer
    • HR questions
      What value u will add in IOCL individually?
      Describe urself?
      Why should we hire u?
      What will be ur area of interest in IOCL and why?
      Answer Question
    • Domestic Refrigerator is kept working in a closed room... What will be the result wrt Temperature? Derive it   Answer Question
    • VARS
      VCRS cycles to draw n explain on board
      They tried to confuse me between VARS and VCRS p-h and T-S diagrams...
      Logical questions about Relative Humidity.

Officer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring process starts with a Gd/Gt task which is done in group of 10 students. No language barrier in the whole process. 15 to 20 min will be given for each gd and gt. Then there is Personal interview which will be of around 20 minutes. They will ask basic questions from ur project work and dome other technical subjcts. They wil ask about ur hobbies interest, place whee u belongs etc etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (New Delhi (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

one day procedure. I was interviewed at IIPM,Delhi. PPT was followed by interview. After that GD and GT was conducted. The GD consisted of 6-7 members and the topic was "Is Cricket responsible for underdevelopment of other sports in india?" In the same group, GT was conducted and the topic was "given 10crore rupees and an year, prepare a plan to promote girl child education in haryana"

Interview Questions

• Draw the block flow diagram of the plant in which you did your training.   Answer Question

Engineer/Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (New Delhi (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was not too technical,some HR question like tell me about yourself, why should we take you.
    Technical QUESTIONS like Distillation column, Difference between boiling and evaporation.
    Why u want to join IOCL. why not higher studies and like this stuff

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project.
      About Pumps,valves
      1 Answer

Officer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Chennai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

There was an initial group discussion and group task. These were very easy and they gave a lot of allowances as if they weren't event concerned about these results. Then I had a technical interview. For my branch, they were taking up a whole lot of time and the interview got over only by 9.00 pm

Interview Questions

• fluid dynamics, basic hr questions, about their product   1 Answer

Officer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Mumbai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

they asked about the basics in Fluid mechanics and machinery like NPSH, differences between pumps,basic line diagram of centrifugal pump,purpose of siphon pipe..next they asked about some general topic questions like separate telangana movement,noble prize winners,firat and recent bharath ratna awarded to...