Indian Oil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Oil Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Nothing to be worried about .. Process includes Group Discussion then group Task which are non elimination rounds ..Try to speak to the point . After that interview comes panel is very friendly.. ask you basic questions about yourself , project , training and some questions on engineering subjects .
also u have the choice to appear for interview and speak in hindi or english . language is not a barrier.

Interview Questions

• Project and College Labs.?
    resonance ?
    how to avoid resonance?
    how to machine cast iron ?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Indian Oil

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Kolkata (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

gate
    group discussion - current social topic
    group task - again kind of a discussion
    personal interview HR + Technical (panel of 5)
    you have the flexibility of either using hindi or english for the group discussion and interview

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

campus recruitment, resume shortlisting followed by interview, results were announced the same day and the offer letter will be sent once you send your final marksheet.

they will give you one months training at delhi office before putting you directly onto job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult.. simple common mechanical pump questions.. etc   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Vadodara (India)).

Interview

During our time it was 1+3 rounds- written, GD, Group task and interview.Now interview is the big deal. GATE score or campus interviews are there. Based on cutoffs they will call you and take 1 round of interview.Interview is not very tough but concepts should be clear, what is IOC should also be clear.Prepare thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Prepare your branch subject thoroughly and relevance with practical market technology.Prepare say 100-150 questions about you, branch subjects main out & out broad topics. Pumps, Engines, Fluid mechanics, principles, design etc.Your marks and willingness will matter a lot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation except for division- marketing is the best (that too retail) then Refinery then pipelines. all things are structured except division and place of posting that can be managed.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil.

Interview

Top five (according to grades) candidates (general category) of Instrumentation & Electronics Engg. were selected for personal interviews. Two (top 2) were selected finally.
    Questions related to Flowmeters (e.g. Orifice, Venturi, Rotameter, Ultrasonic FM, positive displacement type FM), level sensors (Differential Pressure type etc), P-I-D control, proximity sensor, Flapper-nozzle assembly etc were of most importance.

Interview Questions

• How will you (as a manager) control the people?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil in September 2011.

Interview

It was very peasant interview process with the interviewers trying to test the basic knowledge regarding the subjects (mine was mechanical). They were mainly concerned about my industry interface i.e. the industrial training i had gone through and questions were mainly what i learned from the training and how i interpreted the things. In depth knowledge in subjects like thermodynamics,heat transfer,material science and manufacturing process has the maximum leverage.

Interview Questions

• describe heat transfer in brief.   Answer Question
    • Iron-iron carbide diagram and related questions   Answer Question
    • how would you connect two pumps to get maximum head and maximum output?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Guwahati (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

it was a panel of 5 interviewers. It comprised of DGMs n EDs and one CM. What I felt was they were looking for people who were confident with whatever they say. My personal experience was that I had answered two questions wrong but they dint press further. Either they dint know the correct answer or they liked the confidence with which I spoke. That doesnot mean One can be arrogant in an Interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

they came to our college, asked for the top 5 students in each branch. the interview lasted 20 mins. for each person. the results were announced the same day. There was no written test, and there was only one interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (New Delhi (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview is mostly technical . I advice the aspiring candidates to be thorough in their technical field. HR-related questions are relatively simple. The interviewers are extremely thorough in their technical knowhow.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

shortlisting on the basis of CGPA and then PI.