Indian Oil Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Oil Engineering Interview Questions

2.7

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indian Oil in July 2010.

Interview

Very technical questions followed by a round of HR.HR basically stressed on extra-cirricular activities.

Interview Questions

• An example of simultaneous mass and heat transfer   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Indian Oil

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Ranchi (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel of 4 men all of them well above their forties. They remained focussed about the academics and did not ask asingle HR based question .
    The funny thing about all of it was that only one person asked all the questions and the others simply stared at me , which to be frank was a bit unnerving.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil in July 2010.

Interview

Interview panel consists of 4 members and they warmly welcomed me and started off with my background, extra curricular activities and slowed moved in technical questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was just about what i learnt during my college time, apart from that some HR related questions were asked (which were easy). Little bit was asked about Internal Combustion Engines.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (New Delhi (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

just need to have more technical knowledge of your subject

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil (Chennai (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

Placement cell of the college coordinated the recruitment process. Resumes were collected and shortlisted candidates were interviewed. The offer was made right after the interviews and confirmed after a medical test, few days later.

Interview Questions

• Which all refineries in South India do you know about and what are their production capabilities   Answer Question
    • What is your opinion about working in a public sector unit ?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate here as the interview was coordinated by the placement cell. All the information about salary , working hours and such were posted long before the resumes were collected.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil in June 2009.

Interview

CGPA shortlist and then panel interview

Interview Questions

• None. Prepare the general questions about why this company and all. Tell us about yourself, few technical questions on summer projects and concepts   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Oil in August 2008.

Interview

I was lucky I had to face just one personal interview at my campus to get selected. They selected the candidates for interviews from amongst the students who applied based on their GPA and extra curricular activities. The interview panel comprised of four very senior people. They must be of general manager rank in engineering, state office, or HR departments. The interview began by the interviewers introducing themselves. Then they asked me to introduce myself. They were consistently trying to make me feel comfortable. I was one of the two people selected out of about 20 who were interviewed from my campus. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved. It was a fairly straightforward offer, which is expected from a government company. They hire hundreds of engineers every year and the salary is pretty much the same to every one.