Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW).

Interview

We emailed before hand and set up the interview in this persons office. Semi informal, but still professional. An interview with the assistant director in the Career Services Office. The interview probably lasted about one hour.

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Job was for student life/intramural sports. Interview with immediate supervisor along with their graduate assistant (you will work more with). Very simple and easy process, they asked behavioral questions as well as scenario based questions. Very casual interview.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) (Fort Wayne, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Didn't actually fit with the job. Never met with alumni and the people involved just asked about fundraising. I was told early on I was the top candidate, but others made it known that they didn't want me there.

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Interview with immediate supervisor, and an administrator. Asked behavioral questions, and scenario based questions. They were friendly, but serious. They gave an opportunity at the end to ask questions, and voice any concerns.

Career Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW).

Interview

The interview was not too difficult, it consisted mainly of standard interview questions. The interviewers were stony-faced and not very smiley in interview-mode, but were friendly enough afterwards. I didn't think it went so well but I got an offer so there you go. There were lots of behavioural questions so I would suggest people to be prepared for that in future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Leasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW).

Interview

Interview was a list of questions read off by employers. Too many people in an interview when really only one person's opinion mattered. It was an easy process but now that I am employed the process could have been explained more.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Very informal, and quick. If you have the grades and the attitude, they will hire you. The director is very personable and will do what he can to help you

Interview Questions

• How well are you interpersonal skills and customer service?   Answer Question

Graduate Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Got an email from the professor. then I sent the requried documents. then they accepted my application and decided to interview me. Then it was decided that it would be skype interview as I was away . Then we did the skype interview and got an offer.

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

The hiring process consistent of going to the department, asking for the dept head and hading my resume in that way. it was very informal and there was an inpromtu meeting with other staff and I was told to they would contact me the next day. They did and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• "What do you plan on using your experience here for in the future?"   Answer Question

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2010.

Interview

Realize that not being offered this position was not a bad thing, and I was on the verge of withdrawing when I received the call. Of course, we all say this, right?
    Initial interview was a phone interview with 5 participants who asked a total of 5 questions, one being: what is your personal mission statement, and none of the common or typical fare.
    On-site interview began with a rushed dinner at a ho-hum restaurant, allowing the 'boss' to talk about himself and his accomplishments. The full-day interview consisted of disinterested parties and late-starting meetings (panel interview with office staff, small group meeting with interested group, planned meeting with executives where no one showed-insightful, nice lunch, interview with peers in same division, presentation where 15 of 18 attending showed 30 minutes late, final interview with boss).
    Communication was spotty, and I never knew who was actually doing the hiring. Initial salary range was 40% below market, which was reconsidered and was established within an acceptable range. Reimbursement was offered, but when given was 'short'.

Interview Questions

• How do you present truth to power?   1 Answer