Indiana University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Indiana University of Pennsylvania

1.9

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA).

Interview

I applied in person, and I met with the hiring manager, and introduced myself. You need to show them 2 references to recommend you, but there was no interview. It was an easy process

Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Invited into a room with a sole interviewer, asked questions for about half an hour, and was then given an opportunity to ask my own questions. I had several and posed them - received responses that were short, but in the end answered my questions. Could have been a little more descriptive.

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was fine. The committee will send you few questions to consider and prepare for the interview. Dress formally and enjoy the discussion.
    you will receive few time slots to choose from.

Interview Questions

• How do you X subject?
      How does your current degree/program contribute to your teaching?
      What is your teaching philosophy?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in January 2008.

Interview

Great initial communication. Found the job posted on Craigslist website, as well as on their employment site. Received first callback within 24 hours. Phone interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Received invitation to interview in person the following week. Interviewed with the hiring manager for 2 hours - received tour of facilities. Great experience!

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

When applying for a GA outside of your department you may be interviewed by the professor seeking a GA. The process for a GA interview in my experience was a phone interview asking about my research skills and courses completed. They wanted to know if I was a good fit to help conduct research and editing for their department.

Interview Questions

• How advanced are your Microsoft Office skills?
      What research classes have you completed?
      How are your surveying and Qualtrics skills?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I talked to the professor before the semester started. The department of professional studies already have all my credentials and clearances. I filled out a form previously. Only students with excellent academic performance are offered this kind of assistant position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience have you had as a research assistant?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to IUP for a campus interview for an assistant professor position in my field. The backwater town and low-intensity of the school reflects in the faculty and students alike. For example, the questions faculty asked at my job talk didn't reflect more than an undergraduate understanding of our field and I had several meetings scheduled that faculty just didn't show up for. The meetings I did have left a bad impression - for instance one program director had drooping eyes and was struggling to keep her head up - seemed like she was on pain medication. When we went out for dinner after my talk I was given the check to pay for my own glass of wine! What's more, I was asked to purchase my own airfare and assured a reimbursement ... I'm still waiting for that check two and half months later. If you have serious career ambitions and ANY other option, I'd steer clear of this school.

Interview Questions

• Nothing interesting nor surprising.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a panel of 3 professors. Was asked some common questions about my teaching philosophy and experience with technology. Most of the questions were based on past experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very clear process, very professional

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who is not performing to course expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask. The worst that can happen is a "no" answer.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted application through online HR portal...easy to use. Had one phone interview and was offered the position immediately after. I myself Insisted on driving up to interview the campus and facilities in person before accepting.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience teaching non-majors in my field.   Answer Question