Indiana University of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

1.9

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I talked to the professor before the semester started. The department of professional studies already have all my credentials and clearances. I filled out a form previously. Only students with excellent academic performance are offered this kind of assistant position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience have you had as a research assistant?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a panel of 3 professors. Was asked some common questions about my teaching philosophy and experience with technology. Most of the questions were based on past experience.

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA).

Interview

I applied in person, and I met with the hiring manager, and introduced myself. You need to show them 2 references to recommend you, but there was no interview. It was an easy process

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

When applying for a GA outside of your department you may be interviewed by the professor seeking a GA. The process for a GA interview in my experience was a phone interview asking about my research skills and courses completed. They wanted to know if I was a good fit to help conduct research and editing for their department.

Interview Questions

• How advanced are your Microsoft Office skills?
      What research classes have you completed?
      How are your surveying and Qualtrics skills?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to IUP for a campus interview for an assistant professor position in my field. The backwater town and low-intensity of the school reflects in the faculty and students alike. For example, the questions faculty asked at my job talk didn't reflect more than an undergraduate understanding of our field and I had several meetings scheduled that faculty just didn't show up for. The meetings I did have left a bad impression - for instance one program director had drooping eyes and was struggling to keep her head up - seemed like she was on pain medication. When we went out for dinner after my talk I was given the check to pay for my own glass of wine! What's more, I was asked to purchase my own airfare and assured a reimbursement ... I'm still waiting for that check two and half months later. If you have serious career ambitions and ANY other option, I'd steer clear of this school.

Interview Questions

• Nothing interesting nor surprising.   1 Answer

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA).

Interview

Usually a several interview process. Be sure to be up on your field in practical and theoretical areas. If you have a faculty contact at the university, see what you can find out about the gap the department is trying to fill. This will give you an idea of your chances for success. For example, if you are qualified in qualitative research and they are seeking a quantitative person, you are unlikely to be selected.
    Be prepared to answer: What would you like to teach at IUP? There is lots of information on the website related to the courses offered.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, but surprising how many applicants stumble on this: What are your research interests?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do negotiate--it cannot hurt. Your experience often "counts" and the worse they can say is "no." Ask about your office computer or other technology for your exclusive use or available to your department.

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

Very clear process, very professional

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who is not performing to course expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask. The worst that can happen is a "no" answer.

Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was fine. The committee will send you few questions to consider and prepare for the interview. Dress formally and enjoy the discussion.
    you will receive few time slots to choose from.

Interview Questions

• How do you X subject?
      How does your current degree/program contribute to your teaching?
      What is your teaching philosophy?
      Answer Question

Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Invited into a room with a sole interviewer, asked questions for about half an hour, and was then given an opportunity to ask my own questions. I had several and posed them - received responses that were short, but in the end answered my questions. Could have been a little more descriptive.

Writing Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

I heard from a friend that the Writing Center would be needing new workers for the next semester. The application was online, so I printed one, filled it out, attached a writing sample, and gave it to the front desk worker. A few days later, I got an e-mail to come in for an interview. The interview took place in the chairperson's office with him and the assistant chair. I answered a few questions about myself and why I wanted to work there. I was asked if I knew what the job entailed. I was asked about my writing. After about 10 minutes, we shook hands and I left. The next day, I received an e-mail that I had been hired and told the first day in which I was to show up.

Interview Questions

• How's your grades, all A's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.