Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Customer Experience Representative - Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual interview. The interview was called an audition, typically they are group auditions however there were only two of us interviewing. First we went into the storage room and answered questions such as top five favourite movies, are you a dog or cat person, etc. Became more of a conversation rather than a formal interview. After that we went into the store and the manager gave us a scenario of a customer asking for help to find gifts for two people and we were giving 15minutes to find a few gifts for the potential customer. At the end we were asked about availability and were told we would hear back even if we didn't get the job.

CER Any Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

notably it has changed a bit since I started there, I'm given to understand there is now a skype interview before the "group audition". When I got a phone call I was given a couple choices of dates to choose from. It was when they were hiring before holidays and the opening of the new kids section so it was probably a bigger group than usual but there were about a dozen people in the group interview. As daunting as that may seem it turned out to take some of the pressure off, don't take that as a chance to blend in though. First they asked us some questions then we did a fun teamwork puzzle, after that they had us do an exercise where we had to choose three products that bundle together well for a gift while being timed. sometimes they also give you a really hard to find book like "making crafts with cat hair" thats tucked away in the messy hobby section. I also did another interview where I applied internally to transfer stores and I was the only one for that interview, so it could end up being one on one, I was given the task of finding books I would recommend from three separate sections.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what are you passionate about? what area of the store would you be able to apply your expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation minimum wage to start, you get a 5 % raise after 6 months IF your manager remembers to do your performance review

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Nothing like I've ever been through before. Definitely a memorable experience. Realized that the whole process was for the hiring managers to know who out of the group were being their most authentic self. Felt influenced by the questions being asked. Throughout the process, icebreaker games were presented and candidates were assessed by how they behaved.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

We first did a group interview, followed by another group interview, then another. Each time were asked a series of questions and asked to bundle products and tell the managers why we chose our specific items (this was during Christmas time). My manager at that time was mostly interested in whether or not you had the enthusiasm to get others excited about your choice and whether or not you could justify your decisions in an articulate manner. If you couldn't, you were out.

Interview Questions

• What does the Indigo brand name mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Immediately after application, I submitted an online personality test. Around a week later, I received a call from the store inviting me to come in for an interview. The interview process was quite simple -- a laundry list of questions about challenges faced throughout previous jobs, how I would react to situations, etc. Most job-specific question asked was "what are you reading?"

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2008.

Interview

I was called the same day I dropped my resume off at their store. Was asked to come for an interview the very next day. Interview was about 20 minutes long with the Manager and Assistant Manager, and was outside of the store where it wasn't as busy. They were polite and made me feel comfortable. They hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my worst customer experience was and how I handled an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask to be paid more than minimum wage, especially if you have more experience in the book or customer service industry.