Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.4

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had applied online through the careers section of Indigo’s website for a seasonal overnight position and received a call about a week and a half later. The manager asked me a few questions, then invited me to a group audition for the following evening. The audition itself was chill - we had to go through carts of books then organize them by genre and author. We did the famous numbers game then we sat down and answered questions from a manager and supervisor. They say you can answer as little or as much as you want to, but make sure to at least answer once. I heard back from the manager two days later and was offered the job!

Seasonal Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone interview the next day. they asked why Indigo? and after answering that question the manager scheduled me for a group interview on Sunday 8:00!!!
    It was really fun and different. first they asked what do we know about Indigo and why we applied. And then tell me about a time that you have received or give excellent customer service. Then they paired us and one of us should explain something written on the paper for their teammate and they should draw it. Then they asked us to pick an item which is inspiring for us and why, after that they paired us again and ask us to choose an item or two as a gift for our teammate based on the item that they had chosen and the information that they gave us about themselves.

Hint: Be a story teller

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Indigo?   1 Answer

Seasonal Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website. They called me a few days after that by the phone to ask me which of the 2 group interviews that they were having I could go to. The interview was very comfortable, they had small games that opened you up to other and then they asked domed questions that you could decide if you wanted to answer or not.

Interview Questions

• If you could only have 3 objects in a deserted island, what would they be?   Answer Question
    • If you could be any animal, which one will you be? Why?   Answer Question
    • What are the qualities you appreciate on a manager?   Answer Question
    • Describe a moment in which you had a good costumer service   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then participated in a online video interview, then was contacted to come in for a group audition. There were 5 of us at the audition and we started off with storytelling - this entailed telling a little bit about ourselves and then answering questions on a variety of topics. We then did some curating which consisted of picking out 2 products from the store which best described us and then we did the same for one of the other people we were auditioning with. Next we played a team building game which was a giggle.

Interview Questions

• Are you a cat person or a dog person and why?   Answer Question
    • What books have you read recently and what genre do you like most. What books are your favourite?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking me to come in for a group audition.

Audition consisted of me and 4 other applicants. First we filled out a quick availability form. Then they asked a couple personality questions to get to know us better.

After, they asked us to browse the store and find two items that described us and present to the group. Then we had to find two items that represented someone else based on what they told us.

After they gave us each a book shelf a some new books and we had to scan the books and place them neatly on the shelf, organize the shelf, make it look presentable, etc...

And then that was it. They told us that we would get an email wether we got the job or not, got an email a little over a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to gain from your experience at Indigo?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Interview

Was asked to submit a short, one-way video interview where I answered five questions. The process was quick and the questions were very straight forward. Lots of focus on leadership and customer service experience.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email response two days later from their manager. In the email they asked me a set of questions like what is my availability going to look like from now until January, when I am able to start, how many days and hours per week I can work, etc. After answering that, I got a response the same day inviting to me to a group interview the next day at 10pm.
    The night of the interview there were approximately 15 of us. The interview was conducted by two managers. One of the managers was acting more like a host of the interview and was doing most of the talking and the other one was observing us and writing things down. First, they had us fill out a form which asked for availability, any upcoming vacations, and the departments we would like to work in. After that, we had to introduce ourselves and explain why we chose that department. Then we did some group activities like taping a piece of paper to each person's shoulder. You have find a someone with a word that is an exact opposite to the word that you have. Or going out on the sales floor and picking one item that best represents you. Then you have to present this item to the group and explain why you chose that specific item. After, they tell you to put the item that you chose behind you, look up, and find a perfect gift for a person to your right, then present it and explain why you chose it. After that, they answered questions and the interview was over. They said that we should expect the answer within a week.
    It was a pretty easy and laid back interview. They managers kept saying that we should not be nervous and occasionally asked if we were having fun, but they watched everyone very closely. It was very easy to pass the line of talking too much, so don't try to prove yourself or try to show that you are better than everyone else by putting people in the shade. Keep your answers simple but interesting and meaningful. They don't want you to just answer, but also sound like you are telling a story. Try to really listen to what the managers and the people that are interviewing with you say because it might come important later. It is hard not be nervous during an interview, especially if you are new to audition interviews, but try your best to overcome it because it could become a huge obstacle in doing well during the audition.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was selected for a one-way video interview. After that, they invited me for a group audition. Like everyone has already said, it was pretty casual. They seem to pay attention to how you interact with other people, so be friendly, speak a lot when it's your turn to answer a question (but be articulate!) and remember everyone's names.

The curating part is actually pretty fun. Just make sure that you can create a good story when explaining why you picked a certain object, since they are evaluating not only your ability to sell a product, but also your storytelling skills.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service I received?
      What sparkled my interest in the position?
      Why do I want to work at Indigo?
      If I could be an animal, what would it be?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in September 2017.

Interview

Group process, very funny and nice to do. Some group games. You had to pick something for someone and tell why. There were two games. The first one, you had to work as a team. The second, they were checking your ability to attend the costumer. Very relaxing environment.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, What you would be and why?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and got an email asking for an interview. It was a group interview and the manager asked many questions. We went around the circle and answered the questions and later did some around the store activities.