Indigo Books & Music Customer Experience Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indigo Books & Music Customer Experience Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. The group size is 10+, a bit larger than I expected.
We first said one fun fact about ourselves. Then the interviewers asked us some questions:1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?
Then after we played some games and picked a gift for kids and the person who is sitting next to us.
Overall, the interview was fun and interesting,

Interview Questions

• 1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Indigo Books & Music

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back, via a phone call, about a week later. Someone called and asked a few questions (eg. Have you been to our store before? Why are you interested in working at Indigo? What's your availability like?) and then asked if I could come in the following Saturday afternoon for what they called an "audition" which is the interview.

At the interview, there were 8 applicants and we all went through the whole thing together. It lasted about 2-2.5 hours. First, we went around and introduced ourselves and talked a bit about why we wanted to work at Indigo. Then, the interviewer (there were two managers there but only one was asking questions. He would listen attentively and lead the conversation but the other manager sat mostly quietly and took notes) asked us all four questions. He asked each question to the group and allowed everyone to answer, with no directed order. So it was up to you whenever you volunteered to answer but everyone answered each question.

After the four questions, we did a couple little activities. The first was being sent out into the store to find an item that "spoke to us" or that we felt represented us in some way. We then came back to the interview room (which was just their storage room) and presented our items to each other and explained why we chose them. After that, we were instructed to do the same thing except we were to pick something out that we would recommend to the person sitting next to us, based on the answers we had heard from them throughout the interview so far. For each activity, we were told to take "a few minutes" but there was no real time limit, so it's up to you to manage your time and find something relatively quickly and bring it back.

Then, we were given a chance to ask our own questions to the interviewers. And that was it! We were told that we would hear back in a week, whether we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Indigo?   Answer Question
    • What do you think of as good customer service? Give us an example of a time you experience good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult person from your past and how you worked/dealt with them.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your best experience with a team. How did you work together and why was it such a positive experience?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applicants first went through a group interview where they were asked questions about their favourite book or section of the store. Chosen candidates were those who stood out in terms of outgoing personality, warmth of character, enthusiasm, etc. They would then go on to a one-on-one interview where more detailed questions would be asked. Overall though, they are looking for someone who is engaging, can provide good customer experience, and works well in a large team of people.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you worked in/as a team? What happened, how did it go?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in December 2016.

Interview

Group interview, there was 6 interviewees. The interviewers were very laid back and friendly. It was mostly informal and fun. The interviewers asked a few general personality questions about teams, managerial style, personality, etc. then took part in a role play activity for ten minutes where we picked gifts for someone else in the group and something that represented who we are

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was really simple and took about a week. First had an online video interview then a week later got called in to talk to the manager. It was really relaxed, the interviewer was genuinely friendly and just wanted to talk about my interests. She was extremely helpful with answering questions and very informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, around 15 of us. We all played an icebreaker first, then had turns to answer a few questions, after that we went downstairs and had to first choose up to 3 items we thought represented us well and then items for the person next to us. The key is to really listen to everyone's answers in the questions part and also when they choose their gift. Got an email back 4 days later to say I didn't get the job. Indigo's looking for peppy, super upbeat people, passionate about customer service, just talk about how much you love books and making connections with people

Interview Questions

• What animal do you feel like you associate with most?   1 Answer
    • Why did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I got an email a few days after applying. I then went in for a group interview, I was the only high-school student, with 7 collage girls, and 2 grandmothers. We did some group activities, then went home. 2 days later I was told I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied and got a call the same day. Got a slot for the interview today. Staff were really relaxed and friendly. Started with a bunch of general questions then off to finding items you identify yourself most with. It's a very positive experience and I just had so much fun!

Still waiting for the outcome! Wish me luck! :)

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online to work in the children's department and the main department of the store. The application was basically just my resume with a few other simple questions. I received an email within a couple days of applying notifying me that they would like to make a time for me to do a video interview. After I submitted my video responses (4 questions), I received another email inviting me into the store to attend a group interview. The interview was very relaxed and made me feel as if I would be getting the job even though I did not end up receiving the job. It is nothing to be nervous about because they make you feel very at ease, but that also means you can't be sure whether or not they will end up hiring you.

The group interview was divided into sections:
    question & answer

gifting (made up scenarios and you got to pick as many as you wanted to try and go around the store picking out a gift you felt would be suitable for the scenario)

icebreaker game (put a bunch of numbers in a circle and everyone stood on the outside trying to tap all the numbers in order - this sounds complicated but when you are participating it all starts making sense)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online then They called me after 2 days.. They asked me some simple questions, like if i am working or studying. The process took 5 minutes and they said they will call me back.. But i didnt receive a call from them again. i just received an email that I did not get the job and the position is filled already.

Interview Questions

• What do you like from our store   1 Answer