Indigo Books & Music Customer Experience Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indigo Books & Music Customer Experience Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.3

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got a call from Indigo. They asked me why I think I would be good for the job and then asked me to come in for a group interview. The interview was me and about 9 other people. First we had to fill out availability sheets. They asked us to introduce ourselves and say what we like about the store and why we want to work there. They asked us 3 other questions and had us all answer them one at a time. They then asked us if we had any questions, they took two and it was over.

I got a call about a week later asking to come in for a second group interview. The email said that this one would also be a group interview but we would be doing activities instead of answering questions. When I got there I saw that it was a much smaller group (3 of us in total , all people I recognized from the first interview). They gave us 10 minutes to get three items in the store (one book, one from kids and one from lifestyle) that we thought described us in someway or that we thought would make a good gift. Once we did that we had to explain to everyone why we chose what we chose. Then then told us about 6 people, their ages, their genders, and what they like and a price range and told us to find items for those people , come back and explain why we chose them. After that they once again asked if we had any questions and then it was over. They said they would be in touch and give us a call before the end of the following week. I got a call 2 days later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
  • Tell me what you like about Indigo   Answer Question
  • Tell me why you think you'd be a great addition to the store   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time a customer made an unreasonable request and what you did   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were having a bad day and how you dealt with that at school or at work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Indigo Books & Music

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brossard, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Brossard, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Sat down at starbucks with one of the managers and another interviewed person. The manager asked us questions like what we read, what we are interested in...this was helpful to determine if we will be helpful for customers who want book recommendations etc. We were also asked questions like how we would react if a particular situation happened (with fellow colleagues or with a difficult customer)

Interview Questions

• What I read, my interests, what have been my worst job experiences in the past...   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Hiring and Interview was an interesting process. Indigo hires based on a group interview process in which you have a Q&A period and an activity period to gauge whether or not potential candidates fit the Indigo spirit. Good thing about Indigo is that whether or not you're hired they will call you and let you know.

Interview Questions

• They gave us scenarios to act out. My scenario was a customer looking for an idea for a gift for their mother.   1 Answer

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online and received an email for a group interview. At the group interview, there were over 10+ people and consisted on a variety of questions. You were also tested on how well you work in a team and how well your listening skills are. After the group interview, they call whoever was successful and would meet with the general employer to see if they are capable of moving on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you received excellent customer service and what was so special about it?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. The group size is 10+, a bit larger than I expected.
    We first said one fun fact about ourselves. Then the interviewers asked us some questions:1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?
    Then after we played some games and picked a gift for kids and the person who is sitting next to us.
    Overall, the interview was fun and interesting,

Interview Questions

• 1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview at the store. We were about 13 people who show up. Most of them want to work for summer jobs because they will back to college or university in fall. First, they asked questions, later they divided the people in two groups, and we had to merchandise lifestyle products based on a pranogram and to order books based on author or genres.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal when you have problems with your coworkers>   1 Answer
    • Say a time when a team work was the best experience   1 Answer

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group session around 11 people. First a round of 5 questions that not everybody answered. Then, some games such as "perfect pair", get two things from the store that represent you and 2 for your perfect pair. It was very informal, the managers were paying attention to the behaviors and taking some notes.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back, via a phone call, about a week later. Someone called and asked a few questions (eg. Have you been to our store before? Why are you interested in working at Indigo? What's your availability like?) and then asked if I could come in the following Saturday afternoon for what they called an "audition" which is the interview.

At the interview, there were 8 applicants and we all went through the whole thing together. It lasted about 2-2.5 hours. First, we went around and introduced ourselves and talked a bit about why we wanted to work at Indigo. Then, the interviewer (there were two managers there but only one was asking questions. He would listen attentively and lead the conversation but the other manager sat mostly quietly and took notes) asked us all four questions. He asked each question to the group and allowed everyone to answer, with no directed order. So it was up to you whenever you volunteered to answer but everyone answered each question.

After the four questions, we did a couple little activities. The first was being sent out into the store to find an item that "spoke to us" or that we felt represented us in some way. We then came back to the interview room (which was just their storage room) and presented our items to each other and explained why we chose them. After that, we were instructed to do the same thing except we were to pick something out that we would recommend to the person sitting next to us, based on the answers we had heard from them throughout the interview so far. For each activity, we were told to take "a few minutes" but there was no real time limit, so it's up to you to manage your time and find something relatively quickly and bring it back.

Then, we were given a chance to ask our own questions to the interviewers. And that was it! We were told that we would hear back in a week, whether we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Indigo?   Answer Question
    • What do you think of as good customer service? Give us an example of a time you experience good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult person from your past and how you worked/dealt with them.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your best experience with a team. How did you work together and why was it such a positive experience?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applicants first went through a group interview where they were asked questions about their favourite book or section of the store. Chosen candidates were those who stood out in terms of outgoing personality, warmth of character, enthusiasm, etc. They would then go on to a one-on-one interview where more detailed questions would be asked. Overall though, they are looking for someone who is engaging, can provide good customer experience, and works well in a large team of people.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you worked in/as a team? What happened, how did it go?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in December 2016.

Interview

Group interview, there was 6 interviewees. The interviewers were very laid back and friendly. It was mostly informal and fun. The interviewers asked a few general personality questions about teams, managerial style, personality, etc. then took part in a role play activity for ten minutes where we picked gifts for someone else in the group and something that represented who we are