Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online and received an email for a group interview. At the group interview, there were over 10+ people and consisted on a variety of questions. You were also tested on how well you work in a team and how well your listening skills are. After the group interview, they call whoever was successful and would meet with the general employer to see if they are capable of moving on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you received excellent customer service and what was so special about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. The group size is 10+, a bit larger than I expected.
    We first said one fun fact about ourselves. Then the interviewers asked us some questions:1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?
    Then after we played some games and picked a gift for kids and the person who is sitting next to us.
    Overall, the interview was fun and interesting,

Interview Questions

• 1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview at the store. We were about 13 people who show up. Most of them want to work for summer jobs because they will back to college or university in fall. First, they asked questions, later they divided the people in two groups, and we had to merchandise lifestyle products based on a pranogram and to order books based on author or genres.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal when you have problems with your coworkers>   1 Answer
    • Say a time when a team work was the best experience   1 Answer

Assistant Manager, Inventory and Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed first on the phone with HR, then in person with a few managers and the director.
    Asked typical interview questions. Then asked a couple of situational questions.
    The managers were very easy going, and the overall experience was pleasant.

Channel Reporting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email the next day saying they wanted to hear my story. I scheduled a phone interview, however it was very short. The interviewer did not seem very interested from the beginning. They said they would give me my result by the end of the week, however it took them almost 3 weeks to get back.

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call within the same week. After a quick phone interview ( Why do you want to work for Indigo?)
    I was invited for a phone interview which they call an audition. I was told to go on the website and fill out an application for the position I applied for so I could be sent the official invite.
    At the group interview we were brought in overnight (After the store closed). We started with a ice breaker activity - grouping up with people that had whatever in common that the interviewer called out. This forces you do interact with each other. After that activity we all answered the questions I listed below. We thenbrome up into two groups. The next task was a rope with numbers 1-30 in them. We had to successfully step on the numbers in chronological order but communicate with our group so only one person was responsible for each number. We were then shown how to use the scanner and explained how many different categories there were.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about what brought you to apply for this position.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a leader that made an impact on your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, around 15 of us. We all played an icebreaker first, then had turns to answer a few questions, after that we went downstairs and had to first choose up to 3 items we thought represented us well and then items for the person next to us. The key is to really listen to everyone's answers in the questions part and also when they choose their gift. Got an email back 4 days later to say I didn't get the job. Indigo's looking for peppy, super upbeat people, passionate about customer service, just talk about how much you love books and making connections with people

Interview Questions

• What animal do you feel like you associate with most?   1 Answer
    • Why did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Seasonal Customer Experience Representative - Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual interview. The interview was called an audition, typically they are group auditions however there were only two of us interviewing. First we went into the storage room and answered questions such as top five favourite movies, are you a dog or cat person, etc. Became more of a conversation rather than a formal interview. After that we went into the store and the manager gave us a scenario of a customer asking for help to find gifts for two people and we were giving 15minutes to find a few gifts for the potential customer. At the end we were asked about availability and were told we would hear back even if we didn't get the job.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Great experience. Talent Recruiters were very friendly and made the interview process relaxed. Felt more like a conversation than an interview which makes things more comfortable. Overall great experience. Environment also seemed very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences and how they would contribute to indigo   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I got an email a few days after applying. I then went in for a group interview, I was the only high-school student, with 7 collage girls, and 2 grandmothers. We did some group activities, then went home. 2 days later I was told I didn't get the job.