Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.3

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

Applied for the position online and heard a response within a week. Was asked to come in for a group audition. 40+ applicants were divided into groups and asked to participate in 3 activities, being reviewed by different department managers and the GM. The whole process lasted almost 2 hours and involved a team activity, a questions section and than role playing. You need to have an outgoing personality and really speak up as you are competing for the position. It was an enjoyable experience and different from the typical, tense one on one sections.

Interview Questions

• The usual, tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation in the work place. What was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online and received an email for a group interview. At the group interview, there were over 10+ people and consisted on a variety of questions. You were also tested on how well you work in a team and how well your listening skills are. After the group interview, they call whoever was successful and would meet with the general employer to see if they are capable of moving on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you received excellent customer service and what was so special about it?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. The group size is 10+, a bit larger than I expected.
    We first said one fun fact about ourselves. Then the interviewers asked us some questions:1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?
    Then after we played some games and picked a gift for kids and the person who is sitting next to us.
    Overall, the interview was fun and interesting,

Interview Questions

• 1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview at the store. We were about 13 people who show up. Most of them want to work for summer jobs because they will back to college or university in fall. First, they asked questions, later they divided the people in two groups, and we had to merchandise lifestyle products based on a pranogram and to order books based on author or genres.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal when you have problems with your coworkers>   1 Answer
    • Say a time when a team work was the best experience   1 Answer

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group session around 11 people. First a round of 5 questions that not everybody answered. Then, some games such as "perfect pair", get two things from the store that represent you and 2 for your perfect pair. It was very informal, the managers were paying attention to the behaviors and taking some notes.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back, via a phone call, about a week later. Someone called and asked a few questions (eg. Have you been to our store before? Why are you interested in working at Indigo? What's your availability like?) and then asked if I could come in the following Saturday afternoon for what they called an "audition" which is the interview.

At the interview, there were 8 applicants and we all went through the whole thing together. It lasted about 2-2.5 hours. First, we went around and introduced ourselves and talked a bit about why we wanted to work at Indigo. Then, the interviewer (there were two managers there but only one was asking questions. He would listen attentively and lead the conversation but the other manager sat mostly quietly and took notes) asked us all four questions. He asked each question to the group and allowed everyone to answer, with no directed order. So it was up to you whenever you volunteered to answer but everyone answered each question.

After the four questions, we did a couple little activities. The first was being sent out into the store to find an item that "spoke to us" or that we felt represented us in some way. We then came back to the interview room (which was just their storage room) and presented our items to each other and explained why we chose them. After that, we were instructed to do the same thing except we were to pick something out that we would recommend to the person sitting next to us, based on the answers we had heard from them throughout the interview so far. For each activity, we were told to take "a few minutes" but there was no real time limit, so it's up to you to manage your time and find something relatively quickly and bring it back.

Then, we were given a chance to ask our own questions to the interviewers. And that was it! We were told that we would hear back in a week, whether we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Indigo?   Answer Question
    • What do you think of as good customer service? Give us an example of a time you experience good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult person from your past and how you worked/dealt with them.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your best experience with a team. How did you work together and why was it such a positive experience?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager, Inventory and Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed first on the phone with HR, then in person with a few managers and the director.
    Asked typical interview questions. Then asked a couple of situational questions.
    The managers were very easy going, and the overall experience was pleasant.

Channel Reporting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email the next day saying they wanted to hear my story. I scheduled a phone interview, however it was very short. The interviewer did not seem very interested from the beginning. They said they would give me my result by the end of the week, however it took them almost 3 weeks to get back.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applicants first went through a group interview where they were asked questions about their favourite book or section of the store. Chosen candidates were those who stood out in terms of outgoing personality, warmth of character, enthusiasm, etc. They would then go on to a one-on-one interview where more detailed questions would be asked. Overall though, they are looking for someone who is engaging, can provide good customer experience, and works well in a large team of people.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you worked in/as a team? What happened, how did it go?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in December 2016.

Interview

Group interview, there was 6 interviewees. The interviewers were very laid back and friendly. It was mostly informal and fun. The interviewers asked a few general personality questions about teams, managerial style, personality, etc. then took part in a role play activity for ten minutes where we picked gifts for someone else in the group and something that represented who we are