Indigo Books & Music Customer Experience Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indigo Books & Music Customer Experience Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.3

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email response two days later from their manager. In the email they asked me a set of questions like what is my availability going to look like from now until January, when I am able to start, how many days and hours per week I can work, etc. After answering that, I got a response the same day inviting to me to a group interview the next day at 10pm.
    The night of the interview there were approximately 15 of us. The interview was conducted by two managers. One of the managers was acting more like a host of the interview and was doing most of the talking and the other one was observing us and writing things down. First, they had us fill out a form which asked for availability, any upcoming vacations, and the departments we would like to work in. After that, we had to introduce ourselves and explain why we chose that department. Then we did some group activities like taping a piece of paper to each person's shoulder. You have find a someone with a word that is an exact opposite to the word that you have. Or going out on the sales floor and picking one item that best represents you. Then you have to present this item to the group and explain why you chose that specific item. After, they tell you to put the item that you chose behind you, look up, and find a perfect gift for a person to your right, then present it and explain why you chose it. After that, they answered questions and the interview was over. They said that we should expect the answer within a week.
    It was a pretty easy and laid back interview. They managers kept saying that we should not be nervous and occasionally asked if we were having fun, but they watched everyone very closely. It was very easy to pass the line of talking too much, so don't try to prove yourself or try to show that you are better than everyone else by putting people in the shade. Keep your answers simple but interesting and meaningful. They don't want you to just answer, but also sound like you are telling a story. Try to really listen to what the managers and the people that are interviewing with you say because it might come important later. It is hard not be nervous during an interview, especially if you are new to audition interviews, but try your best to overcome it because it could become a huge obstacle in doing well during the audition.

Seasonal Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 20 other people. No personal questions about work history or job history. We played a lot of games and they wrote notes on us while we were doing those games. We also were paired up and had to go and find gifts for the person beside us based on the information that they disclosed about themselves during the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet someone dead or alive who would it be and why?   1 Answer
    • If you could be an animal what animal would it be and why?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got a call from Indigo. They asked me why I think I would be good for the job and then asked me to come in for a group interview. The interview was me and about 9 other people. First we had to fill out availability sheets. They asked us to introduce ourselves and say what we like about the store and why we want to work there. They asked us 3 other questions and had us all answer them one at a time. They then asked us if we had any questions, they took two and it was over.

I got a call about a week later asking to come in for a second group interview. The email said that this one would also be a group interview but we would be doing activities instead of answering questions. When I got there I saw that it was a much smaller group (3 of us in total , all people I recognized from the first interview). They gave us 10 minutes to get three items in the store (one book, one from kids and one from lifestyle) that we thought described us in someway or that we thought would make a good gift. Once we did that we had to explain to everyone why we chose what we chose. Then then told us about 6 people, their ages, their genders, and what they like and a price range and told us to find items for those people , come back and explain why we chose them. After that they once again asked if we had any questions and then it was over. They said they would be in touch and give us a call before the end of the following week. I got a call 2 days later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you like about Indigo   Answer Question
    • Tell me why you think you'd be a great addition to the store   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a customer made an unreasonable request and what you did   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were having a bad day and how you dealt with that at school or at work   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brossard, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Brossard, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Sat down at starbucks with one of the managers and another interviewed person. The manager asked us questions like what we read, what we are interested in...this was helpful to determine if we will be helpful for customers who want book recommendations etc. We were also asked questions like how we would react if a particular situation happened (with fellow colleagues or with a difficult customer)

Interview Questions

• What I read, my interests, what have been my worst job experiences in the past...   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Hiring and Interview was an interesting process. Indigo hires based on a group interview process in which you have a Q&A period and an activity period to gauge whether or not potential candidates fit the Indigo spirit. Good thing about Indigo is that whether or not you're hired they will call you and let you know.

Interview Questions

• They gave us scenarios to act out. My scenario was a customer looking for an idea for a gift for their mother.   1 Answer

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online and received an email for a group interview. At the group interview, there were over 10+ people and consisted on a variety of questions. You were also tested on how well you work in a team and how well your listening skills are. After the group interview, they call whoever was successful and would meet with the general employer to see if they are capable of moving on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you received excellent customer service and what was so special about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. The group size is 10+, a bit larger than I expected.
    We first said one fun fact about ourselves. Then the interviewers asked us some questions:1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?
    Then after we played some games and picked a gift for kids and the person who is sitting next to us.
    Overall, the interview was fun and interesting,

Interview Questions

• 1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview at the store. We were about 13 people who show up. Most of them want to work for summer jobs because they will back to college or university in fall. First, they asked questions, later they divided the people in two groups, and we had to merchandise lifestyle products based on a pranogram and to order books based on author or genres.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal when you have problems with your coworkers>   1 Answer
    • Say a time when a team work was the best experience   1 Answer

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group session around 11 people. First a round of 5 questions that not everybody answered. Then, some games such as "perfect pair", get two things from the store that represent you and 2 for your perfect pair. It was very informal, the managers were paying attention to the behaviors and taking some notes.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back, via a phone call, about a week later. Someone called and asked a few questions (eg. Have you been to our store before? Why are you interested in working at Indigo? What's your availability like?) and then asked if I could come in the following Saturday afternoon for what they called an "audition" which is the interview.

At the interview, there were 8 applicants and we all went through the whole thing together. It lasted about 2-2.5 hours. First, we went around and introduced ourselves and talked a bit about why we wanted to work at Indigo. Then, the interviewer (there were two managers there but only one was asking questions. He would listen attentively and lead the conversation but the other manager sat mostly quietly and took notes) asked us all four questions. He asked each question to the group and allowed everyone to answer, with no directed order. So it was up to you whenever you volunteered to answer but everyone answered each question.

After the four questions, we did a couple little activities. The first was being sent out into the store to find an item that "spoke to us" or that we felt represented us in some way. We then came back to the interview room (which was just their storage room) and presented our items to each other and explained why we chose them. After that, we were instructed to do the same thing except we were to pick something out that we would recommend to the person sitting next to us, based on the answers we had heard from them throughout the interview so far. For each activity, we were told to take "a few minutes" but there was no real time limit, so it's up to you to manage your time and find something relatively quickly and bring it back.

Then, we were given a chance to ask our own questions to the interviewers. And that was it! We were told that we would hear back in a week, whether we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Indigo?   Answer Question
    • What do you think of as good customer service? Give us an example of a time you experience good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult person from your past and how you worked/dealt with them.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your best experience with a team. How did you work together and why was it such a positive experience?   Answer Question