Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.4

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial communication took place over e-mail with hiring recruiter who did not e-mail professionally. After organizing a phone interview, the phone conversation lasted for a maximum of 6 minutes. Next step was an in person interview with the Digital Marketing Director a week later. The Director was very closed minded and unapproachable making the interview uneasy and uncomfortable. The interview process is taking 6 weeks or more. Next step is a presentation of a project given to you after the in person interview. Questions asked were above the expectations of the position being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• They asked for the keyword that drove your latest campaign and then entered it into Google to see if your webpage appeared.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got a call from Indigo. They asked me why I think I would be good for the job and then asked me to come in for a group interview. The interview was me and about 9 other people. First we had to fill out availability sheets. They asked us to introduce ourselves and say what we like about the store and why we want to work there. They asked us 3 other questions and had us all answer them one at a time. They then asked us if we had any questions, they took two and it was over.

I got a call about a week later asking to come in for a second group interview. The email said that this one would also be a group interview but we would be doing activities instead of answering questions. When I got there I saw that it was a much smaller group (3 of us in total , all people I recognized from the first interview). They gave us 10 minutes to get three items in the store (one book, one from kids and one from lifestyle) that we thought described us in someway or that we thought would make a good gift. Once we did that we had to explain to everyone why we chose what we chose. Then then told us about 6 people, their ages, their genders, and what they like and a price range and told us to find items for those people , come back and explain why we chose them. After that they once again asked if we had any questions and then it was over. They said they would be in touch and give us a call before the end of the following week. I got a call 2 days later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you like about Indigo   Answer Question
    • Tell me why you think you'd be a great addition to the store   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a customer made an unreasonable request and what you did   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were having a bad day and how you dealt with that at school or at work   Answer Question

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

The time that you apply to the time that you get hired is very quick and smooth sailing. However, the interview is a group/scenario interview and can get very long (mine was 45 minutes however I have been told then can take up to an hour). That seems very ridiculous for a minimum wage paying job.

Interview Questions

• Pick your favourite book, and pick something to pair with it... and explain why.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Interview

Was asked to submit a short, one-way video interview where I answered five questions. The process was quick and the questions were very straight forward. Lots of focus on leadership and customer service experience.

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and got an email asking for an interview. It was a group interview and the manager asked many questions. We went around the circle and answered the questions and later did some around the store activities.

Corporate Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First step was a half hour long phone interview with Human Resources. Second step was a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. For the second half of the interview, members of the team I was to work with joined to ask questions and to see if I would fit.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I applied online and received an email for a group interview. At the group interview, there were over 10+ people and consisted on a variety of questions. You were also tested on how well you work in a team and how well your listening skills are. After the group interview, they call whoever was successful and would meet with the general employer to see if they are capable of moving on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you received excellent customer service and what was so special about it?   Answer Question

CER Any Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

notably it has changed a bit since I started there, I'm given to understand there is now a skype interview before the "group audition". When I got a phone call I was given a couple choices of dates to choose from. It was when they were hiring before holidays and the opening of the new kids section so it was probably a bigger group than usual but there were about a dozen people in the group interview. As daunting as that may seem it turned out to take some of the pressure off, don't take that as a chance to blend in though. First they asked us some questions then we did a fun teamwork puzzle, after that they had us do an exercise where we had to choose three products that bundle together well for a gift while being timed. sometimes they also give you a really hard to find book like "making crafts with cat hair" thats tucked away in the messy hobby section. I also did another interview where I applied internally to transfer stores and I was the only one for that interview, so it could end up being one on one, I was given the task of finding books I would recommend from three separate sections.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what are you passionate about? what area of the store would you be able to apply your expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation minimum wage to start, you get a 5 % raise after 6 months IF your manager remembers to do your performance review

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview at the store. We were about 13 people who show up. Most of them want to work for summer jobs because they will back to college or university in fall. First, they asked questions, later they divided the people in two groups, and we had to merchandise lifestyle products based on a pranogram and to order books based on author or genres.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal when you have problems with your coworkers>   1 Answer
    • Say a time when a team work was the best experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. The group size is 10+, a bit larger than I expected.
    We first said one fun fact about ourselves. Then the interviewers asked us some questions:1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?
    Then after we played some games and picked a gift for kids and the person who is sitting next to us.
    Overall, the interview was fun and interesting,

Interview Questions

• 1.Why indigo? 2.What animal would you be? 3. If someone is still alive, who you want to meet?   Answer Question