Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indigo Books & Music Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview ( me with 3 others) We were asked to introduce ourselves, then "Explain your previous experience with relevance to the position. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name the last book you read and who the author was; (role play) how would you sell and convince to me to read that book.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

Quick response time on resume and first interview. Was lead to believe it was a very good interview and resume would be passed along. Was disappointed in unprofessionalism in lack of response after that point. I expected the truth and a quick note to say they went with someone else. Common curtesy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back about 3 days later. They asked a few questions over the phone (why do you want this position, availability, etc.) and then scheduled a group interview for later on that week. It was a group audition but it was pretty small - they said they had a group of 6 earlier that day, and they've interviewed as much as 20 at a time - and it was very laid-back. It was mostly "tell me about a time when..." questions. I'd recommend doing some research on the company beforehand because they do expect that from you and will ask some questions about it. They asked us to go find a book in the store and then bundle something with it like a pen, mug, etc. and explain our choice. There was also a group activity at the end, just something to test communication and teamwork skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded your manager's expectations.   Answer Question

CER Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music in August 2011.

Interview

Got called for an interview. Manager was really kind and after asking a series of questions made an appointment for a second interview with the general manager.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Interview

Group interview at first. They all ask the same questions (like why do you want to work here? What can you contribute to the company...). They are really looking for someone who stands out, so don't be afraid to speak up during the group interview and break the ice (they love it).

Recall during the interview the company's values (which are to always be there for the customers, etc), it is crucial. Also show your interest for chances to grow in the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took one day

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

Long questionnaire online, varies every time it's taken, after the questionnaire, you either get put through based on your answers, or not. If you do get put through, you answer questions in an interview based on the responses you gave that were considered wrong or negative. You may or may not be called back for a second interview, usually it's just a reference check after the first and then a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. It was a take what you get situation.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Milton, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Terrible interview process. They sent my acceptance e-mail to the wrong person. Someone with my last name in Brazil. Thank God this man tracked me down on Facebook and sent me the e-mail. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was only 15 so I took whatever they offered

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music.

Interview

It was fairly easy. It was very casual. It was not intimidating at all. Probably one of the easiest interview I've ever experienced. It wasn't a full time job, it was a contract to hire job.

Tasker On Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

The phone screening was brief with the usual interview related questions in relation to retail and customer service. I had a follow up interview on the same day which was was relax and casual. The questions were mainly about my experiences at Indigo and what type of work experience had in retail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Indigo?

When was the last time you'd visited?
      Answer Question

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indigo Books & Music (West Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I went to the job fair and then applied online when I got home. About a week later I got a phone from the store manager that I was invited to a group interview. The interview was super chill. They asked really simple questions like why should we choose you and common situational questions that might occur in the store. Just be positive and participate in the activities and you will most likely get accepted unless they see you as being incompetent. The best thing about this interview was that they only ask you to go to one group interview and then decide whether they want you or not. There's no more one on one interviews or anything else.

Interview Questions

• If the customer bought a book but found out that its ripped, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation