IndyMac Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IndyMac Bancorp Interview Questions

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IndyMac Bancorp.

Interview

Detailed process questions with a specific test on workflows and sample work. After which there were 2 more interviews. There was a 25 question testing on technical skills and additional interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IndyMac Bancorp (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Slam Dunk

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IndyMac Bancorp (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

It was an easy foot in the door.

Marketing & Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IndyMac Bancorp (Pasadena, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview process is your traditional interviewing process. They give you little information about how the interview will go going into it because they go through HR. They like people skills, but they also want a very intelligent individual. Unfortunately, they also will test you heavily upon what you currently know about the role and ask you live database questions across the table. It's not particularly effective and they are extremely picky about what they want and what they want to see from you. There seems to be an extremely high workload in this office and they want to hire the right person. They offer quite a decent salary and the office amenities aren't bad.

Interview Questions

• What are the three different types of tables?   1 Answer

REO Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IndyMac Bancorp (Austin, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

Was a nightmare due to the internal HR guy was a 20 something and didn't understand the gravity of people's employment needs. Had many phone calls and emails with follow up. Finally had to contact the head of the department to let him know that I'd love to work there and all my reports were in but HR isn't responding. that finally lead to an offer. The HR guy is not that anymore, understandably, but HR is still slow to hire. Expect 3 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really. Was offered a different position. a Level under what I applied for which was several levels below my previous jobs and skill set. Was promised that I could have that other job soon when an opening came up because they require that all people start with this PreMarketer position first to learn the ropes. My immediate supervisor, who took the job that I applied for, didn't have to do the lower job first and was wholly unqualified for the position that she got. Furthermore, once I was hired, I was told that they have a 1 year minimum at a job before you can transfer to another position within the company. I wish I had known this at the offer stage. I woudl have told them to call me when they have something I'm qualified for. This began a long line of false promises and major disappointments.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IndyMac Bancorp (Pasadena, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

First, a phone interview with the recruiter who asked general questions about background and experience. Then, had an-person interviews with 7 managers in various departments. The interviews took place over 3 days and each interview was about an hour long. Received an offer over the phone and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What type of work situation are you looking for?   1 Answer