Infineon Technologies Interview Questions in Germany | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in February 2017.

Interview

I have been contacted by HR for a first interview two weeks after having submitted on the site of Infineon. The response of the service is really efficient. The interview lasts one hour with the hiring manager. We have talked about the CV and the branch in which I would be working.

Interview Questions

• General aspects in the CV, my education and working experiences.   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call inside one week and was immediately invited on a 1:1 personal interview with hiring manager. I did`t received and offer, but was invited to explore further opportunities inside company. They were direct what they want and they were quick. Extremely nice HR process with quick answers and e-mails.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about your CV, really open interview directly with manager. At first they present themselves and what is their expectation, later on it was great talk about you and your experiences.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took some time. I had two interviews. The first one was with the manager. The interviewer was friendly and explained about the job responsibilities and asked about the expectations. Second interview was more technical.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies.

Interview

I applied on the website and got an email to schedule a phone interview with the hiring Manager 2 weeks later.
    To make it short: the interview was postponed 4 times because of lacking of counterpart; twice i have not received even an early information for that (truly disappointing). Finally I got the call ( 1 month later the first scheduling). The interviewer was friendly and we spent more than 1 hour on my skills, very specific question. The interviewer left me a positive feedback committing a face to face.
    I was called by HR (1 month later), when in Infineon the hiring manager was not present i meet a very nice person (supposed to be his deputy) and we arranged a very positive interview, after one hour joined us (via Webex) the hiring manager as well. I meet also HR partner in regard to the motivation , package, salary etc etc.
    At the end i had a very positive feeling, i was introduced to other co-workers and to the Organization manager.
    No news from Infineon for 3 weeks, just got from deputy manager a message that the impression was very good and to stay ready.... By the way, the story ends with an precompiled e-mail reporting , as usual, thanks but we will not move forward with your application.
    To have back the travel cost i had to wait roughly 2 months and several emails..
    Very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Wafer Testing Process, Main Assembly Steps , Final Test   Answer Question

Systems Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with director of the department and 2 other senior members. I think they just called me for the interview without looking the resume. During the interview they raised different questions those weren't relevant to my experience or the job role. I got the feeling this is just a fulfillment for the mistake they have done, calling a candidate without going through resume. Wasted 1 hour to discuss irrelevant issues.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied via company's website, then received an invitation for a telephone interview after ~2 weeks. The interview was with the department head and the group leader. The questions were mostly related to my resume/CV, but not very technical. Many questions were related to my personality and career goals. I was invited for an on-site interview 1 or 2 days after the phone call.

The on-site interview took place at the Campeon in Neubiberg and lasted several hours. The day started with two sessions of 1,5 hours. Thereafter some of us had lunch together and after a tour of the office and labs, and a final chat over coffee, I was on done.

The first 1,5 hour session was with the department head, the group leader and a representative from human resources. The process was relatively relaxed. Questions were mostly based on personality, e.g. how you handle conflict, challenges etc. It is always good to have examples from your past ready to support answers. I was also asked about my career goals and salary expectations in this session.

The second 1,5 hour session was scheduled immediately afterwards (a short break was offered) and was with technical experts. It was more of a conversation, where I could get to know the demands of the job and they could ask about my technical skills. Strangely, no technical questions were asked to me, to test my knowledge of anything really. The interviewers at times seemed as if they ran out of questions to ask.

The rest of the 'interview' was informal and is a nice possibility to get a feel for the people you would work with. Overall, the on-site interview was a very positive experience and they took lots of time to interview me.

I was supposed to receive feedback on their decision after 3 weeks, which at the end was postponed another 2 weeks. Eventually, they opted for another candidate, which they informed me about by phone. Preceding the final decision, the feedback I received both verbally and in writing was overly positive, which should not be taken too seriously. Companies (not just Infineon) want to keep the applicants interested and positive to avoid them applying to too many other positions.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leverkusen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Leverkusen (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with the team lead and the senior manager. The interview went on for about an hour and questions ranged from my past experience to few technical questions. The interviewers expressed that they were really impressed and would contact me in 2weeks. I received a call from the HR about 20 days later asking for an appointment with the manager. I had also received an email confirming the interview date and time. However, when the manager called (on the fixed day), it was to let me know that they went with another candidate. It was disappointing as I was expecting an interview, however, it was good to know that he wanted to inform me about the decision personally. Although, I wish it could have been given without fixing an appointment

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regensburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Regensburg (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work for Infineon   1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in February 2014.

Interview

just to brief it as a one line sentence "not that tough and not that easy"
    first round was an telephonic round, later invited for personal interview followed by 1:1 interview.
    received offer letter by mail and it took some iterations back-and-forth to finalize the offer and I finally accepted it.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dresden (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Infineon Technologies (Dresden (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

Zuerst lernte man sich bei einen ca. 1h Telefonat kennen und erfuhr erste Details über das Unternehmen und den Job. Desweiteren stelle ich mich kurz vor. Danach wurde ich zu einen Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen, an dem eine Person aus der HR-Abteilung und der zukünftige Chef teilgenommen haben. Das Gespräch verlief sehr human und freundlich.