Influence & Co. Content Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Influence & Co. Content Writer Interview Questions

Interviews at Influence & Co.

1 Interview Review

4.0

Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Influence & Co..

Interview

There are numerous scams you should be aware of when interviewing, like paying an application fee or requiring a membership to apply. Another is the "unique work sample" scam, where one of the interview requirements is sending a custom sample of your work. You will often be given a VERY detailed project assignment, with precise topic and word counts.. and even quick deadlines, giving you less time to question what you're doing! You write the article, submit it.. and are rejected. Congratulations! You’ve supplied the “client” with a free, original article – along with hundreds of other un-hired applicants.

As you might have guessed, Influence & Co. is one of those companies that require a "unique sample" as described. They don't even disguise the fact you're writing an article for THEIR company, with very detailed parameters.. even requiring numerous links to other articles on their site.

*Yes, most legitimate writing job ads will ask for writing samples or links to published work. If you're just starting out, these might be from a personal blog, community writing website, even academic writing. And if YOU choose to create something original to submit, that one thing.

However, I have decades of successful writing expertise (even writing about the exact topic they requested!) But no, you MUST supply a "unique sample" to be considered. When you understand how Google works, you'll know why they insist on brand new work: to get any SEO value from your article, it must be unlike anything else currently online.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very little during the initial interview, which looking back was really the first red flag!   Answer Question

Influence & Co. Response

Jan 9, 2019 – President

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback on our processes so we can continually improve. You are correct - we do require freelance writer candidates to complete a unique test article... More