Infoblox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

All applicants have to take a behavioral and basic competency online exam. After passing it, it took a month before the recruiter reached out again to set up a phone interview. Was supposed to speak with two engineers, but one never called and the second one rescheduled twice. Recruiters seemed to be annoyed with me informing them of the rescheduling. When the call eventually happened, the engineer was unprepared and seemed to have trouble remembering what position I was applying for. Eventually he found the script either he or the department prepared and read directly off of that, describing what the position entailed. Had high hopes for this opportunity, but will not be moving forward with this application.

Interview Questions

• resume experience, memory allocation in C, multithreading, processes vs threads, semaphores, abstract website design.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

- Recruiter scheduled a call
    - During call, I was informed about personality assessment and logical reasoning
    - Gave the 30 min test
    - Rejected for failing personality test.

I have no clue what failing personality test means. Didn't even get to see personality test results.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Spread out over several months and between at least 10 different people, this was not an efficient process. It was however not unpleasant. I had more than adequate time to prepare and the staff I worked with were very polite and direct.

Interview Questions

Infoblox Response

Sep 19, 2017 – Infoblox

Thank you for coming in to speak with us about the Software Test Engineer role in Tacoma. We are constantly evolving and improving our hiring process and appreciate your feedback. Best of luck in... More

IT Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter contacted me via email saying he would like to schedule a phone interview for the position I applied for. I replied giving me available schedule, however the recruiter didn't replied back for a week. Finally, a call was scheduled and guess what? I didn't received any call. Irresponsible and horrible hiring team.

Sep 12, 2017 – Infoblox

We are extremely disappointed to hear this. We pride ourselves on getting back to candidates promptly. Our Talent Acquisition leader would like to look further into your experience and see where the... More

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infoblox (Omaha, NE) in July 2017.

Interview

There were 4 total phone interviews, one by the recruiter which was a sales pitch, one by the program manager, and two by other network engineers. It was odd that they reached out to me as I'm not a network engineer but I do have the required security clearance. Overall it was a huge waste of my time. The last person who interviewed me was insulting and not very personable. It seems his opinion of me prevailed.

Interview Questions

• What are the two types of DNS server?   1 Answer

Named Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I previously applied for an inside role that ended up being an appointment setter position well below my experience level. I decided to give it a try again with a Named Account Manager position they had open in Tacoma. I interviewed with the recruiter and had a really good conversation with him about his and my background and the trends in IT. I was impressed with his knowledge and was optimistic compared to my last experience. When I told him I had applied and interviewed for a BDR role he said that position was way below my experience level and he couldn't believe they even had me interview for it. He said he had been having a hard time getting qualified candidates because they couldn't pass the test that was given, so he was excited that I had already taken the tests and passed and was impressed with the high score I received on the personality test which tells them that I would be a good sales candidate. (I should hope so since this is my career)

He told me I was the exact type of person they were looking for in this role and he would pass me on to the hiring manager for an interview. He told me that the hiring manager had previously been in the role he was hiring for and would be a good manager since he understands what it takes to be successful in this position. I interviewed with him a few days later and reviewed my experience in mapping large accounts and developing relationships with stakeholders within large accounts. He wanted me to have more outside sales experience but overall I feel my qualifications matched up well with the position.

Two weeks later I received an automated denial email. I'm not sure what this company is looking for in who they hire but apparently it is not a competent, experienced, IT sales professional. It's no wonder I have never heard of them in my 10 years in the industry.

I would think that a 30 minute test, 45 minute phone interview with the recruiter and a 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager would warrant a phone call or personal email but I guess that level of professionalism is beyond this company.

Sep 12, 2017 – Infoblox

We are disappointed to hear about this instance, as we want all of our employment candidates to walk away feeling good about their experience regardless of an offer or not. Our Talent Acquisition... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for several different openings and got a follow up email on one asking to take a competency exam. Passed the competency exam and then was asked to interview in house with 4 employees. 2 interviewers were remote. The final in house interview was pleasant but the first 3 interviewers seemed like they were too busy to pay attention to the task at hand. Waited one month for a decision with no contact from recruiter and only received a rejection when I asked for an update at the 1 month mark.

Interview Questions

Infoblox Response

Sep 19, 2017 – Infoblox

Thank you for your review. When there are multiple candidates in the running for a job, the offer/rejection process can at times be delayed up to 30 days. As for the behavior of the interviewers... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

the process was very cold. The interview by the screening "recruiter" call was brash and in my face, almost yelling into the phone "what ws your performance?!, how much do you make?!" etc with little to know education on the role or responsibilities. very one sides

Interview Questions

• After the inquisition, I was told i would have to take an IQ test and that would determine if i made the next step...again with little to no dialogue what the role was or anything about myself, etc. It was the most cold, robotic process ive ever been involved with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was comfortable onsite at Infoblox (Tacoma office). The woman at the front desk was very courteous, and I was offered coffee or water every 45 minutes or so. My interview was a little over 3 hours, and the environment minimized the stress that naturally comes with onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• I had 3 interviewers, and they all started off with asking me to walk them through my resume.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

I spoke with the Recruiter a few times on the phone, took their online cognitive assessment and then had two in person interviews on site. My references were checked and then I received the offer, overall it was a quick process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you excited to work for Infoblox and what do you know about our company?   Answer Question