Infoblox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

A Sr. Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn based on my profile. We set up a time for a phone screen, which lasted about 30 minutes. It was a general overview of my experience, specifically recruiting for networking and security engineers. At the end of the conversation, the recruiter asked me to apply online (which I did) and told me I needed to fill out a personality/aptitude assessment. She also wanted to set me up to speak with one of the hiring managers that would be in town later in the week. I gave her a few time slots I was available. She messaged me that he would not be available any of the times I was, but that he would be in town in two more weeks; I gave additional times. I completed the assessment. Five days later I received an automated decline from the Applicant Tracking system. I tried reaching the recruiter to confirm that it was intentional and not a mistake. I never received a response. It was a horrible candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you source a senior network security engineer?   Answer Question

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infoblox in December 2016.

Interview

I had a initial phone interview with a recruiter to determine initial fit. I then had a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager and two follow up phone interviews with other executives. I was selected for final in person interviews and I flew out to HW for many in person interviews and presentations. Overall the process was fairly similar to other processes Ive facilitated as a hiring manager and participated in as a candidate. There was standard delays due to year end and new year kick off meetings but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational interview process, not pre determined canned questions. It was very refreshing as I feel interviews are a two way street so to speak.   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Extremely fast interviewing process. I applied online and heard back within a couple business days, having had the initial HR phone screen later that week. Two phone interviews occurred in the two consecutive following days, along with a video chat with the head pricing analyst to assess my aptitude and thought process for a case analysis. I was offered the role the very next day, so the entire interview to hiring process took exactly one week. Not bad at all.

Due to being a long-distant candidate, I was unable to accept the summer internship position, which was an incredibly difficult decision to make given the conveniently rapid process, location, and personalities of the people I interviewed with. Ultimately, I gracefully declined the offer via e-mail, and while I didn't expect a response, acknowledgement of my desire to maintain contact so we can revisit this next year (when I graduate) would have been nice. I guess it's just business as usual, as they say.

Interview Questions

• We are declared the market leader in DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management. What type of strategies would you employ when facing the challenges of direct competition, who may possess less expensive, perhaps even free alternatives, to ensure that we stay on top?   Answer Question

I do not live in the San Francisco Bay Area and could not justify, as an intern, spending 30%+ of my monthly take-home pay on renting an overpriced bedroom in a shared living space. Without logistical headaches, I would have accepted the offer immediately.

Oracle Supply Chain Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The HR and the hiring manager were responsive. Call with HR on week 2, call with hiring manager on week 3, onsite interview on week 5. Onsite interview was 4 rounds of 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard 2 supply chain scenarios and how you will re-engineer them   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick process. Not hours and hours of interviews. I met with people from multiple disciplines in the company. Overall a very positive experience. The recruiter was very helpful and was in constant contact with me. He answered every question I had and helped me every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about cultural fit   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Infoblox in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. It began with a call from the recruiter a couple days after I applied then we went on to the phone screen process. I did the phone interview with the hiring manager. We are in the process of setting up a time to meet for an in-person interview

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had phone interview with the manager. Went for 1 hour and they got back to me in 1 week and process is smooth and fast. After that HR rolled out the offer in another 1 week

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Infoblox (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

interview process went quite smooth and rather quick. They wanted the position filled quickly since they had a deadline to get someone hired and registered for sales kickoff. I interviewed with 4 different guys, including the VP of system engineers. The discussions focused on sales methods, how I handle meetings and certain types of folks in the room. There was very little technical questions since I know the product pretty well.

Negotiation

Very easy. Basically told him what I was making at my last job and he said he couldn't go any higher but could match it (which was what I was wanting anyway)

Desktop Support Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Infoblox in July 2015.

Interview

3rd party recruiter got me an interview with hiring manager. 1st phone screen with the hiring manager called me 10 minutes late so I didn't answer. That sets the tone and shows the type of manager this person is.

Call got rescheduled with a different hiring person. Went very well so they called me in for a panel interview. The original hiring manager was again 10-15 minutes late.

The other IT fill in guy was on time, courteous and had some solid scenario questions as well as have me a good idea of the layout.

Hiring manager shows up and has a few scenario based canned questions that I answered in generality terms as well as specifics. He cuts it short and sends in the techs for more in depth technical questions.

The two techs, one older gentlemen and a younger kid. The kid seemed peeved from the start or maybe he just had 0 personality. They go through the round robin of technical questions and I answer almost all of them correctly with a huge smile on my face.

Entire Interview is over after about an hour and I fee confident I nailed it. I mean I've been doing the desktop thing for about 9'years now so I know what I'm doing.

CAMPUS IS AWESOME!!

Recruiter feedback from the client was that "I wouldn't be happy working there"

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a users account is locked out constantly?   1 Answer

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox in June 2015.

Interview

Had a series of phone interviews, all very positive, then nothing. No phone calls, no response to e-mails, nothing. This, to me, is very unprofessional behavior. There really should be some standards of professionalism and courtesy that recruiting departments follow, but it's been my experience that many don't. If a prospective employer decides not to select a candidate, they should at least be up front about it.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic, easy stuff if you have good working knowledge of DNS.   Answer Question