Infoblox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.9

Marketing - Campaign Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to this position with a cold start, meaning I didn't have any networking contacts. However, I applied because I thought the opportunity to learn the more technical side of digital marketing was interesting and a skill that I would like to have in my pedigree. After applying online, I got an email from Jobvite to sign up for an account. After setting up an account, I was asked to fill out some background paperwork online. After a few days, I used the Jobvite email function to ask for status of my application. I noticed a name (Katie Colito) my email message was sent to. I asked Katie to connect with me over LinkedIn and also emailed her at her Infoblox email account. I ended up calling Katie late on a Friday and she said she would get back to me on Monday. Katie called me and asked me one question and described the recruitment process. She stated she would send me a link to a CCAT (cognitive test) with a precursor personality test. The personality test was not graded, but the CCAT test was. I had to score at least 31 correct answers. There were 50 questions and was timed at 15 minutes (approx. 18 sec per question). She warned me that no one ever finishes all 50 questions, but to answer as many as I can. If I didn't know the answer, to guess at an answer and move on because wrong answers did not count against my score. I took the test and failed. Katie informed me that I could take the test again, but it was Infoblox policy to only allow candidates to take the test twice within a 3 month period. I asked to take the test again. Although my score increased, I didn't pass the test. The questions were easy in the beginning, but got progressively harder as you went on. The test was difficult. If you want to do well on the test, I recommend brushing up on math skills and be able to do %, fraction, and logic questions very fast (like in about 15 seconds). Although it was a pleasure to talk with Katie (she was very professional and had a delightful demeanor about her on the phone), the test was not necessary to get the best candidate for the job. I would of preferred an in-person interview, so they can gauge my intelligence and likeability. I come with over 20 years of career professional experience in one of the most respected industries. The last time I was in a school environment was in 2008 to earn my graduate degree. I believe I could have figured out the right answers to most of the questions if I had time to figure it out. Having the cognitive test made me feel like I was voted off the survivor island.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, work experience, and how it would fit the job position.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The reviews on the company were mixed but they seemed very reputable so I wanted move forward. They are very thorough with their interviewing process to weed out unqualified people which I could see how some candidates may not appreciate. They don't even talk to you until you pass 2 tough tests which gets them the best candidates possible it seems. Passed the tests and moved on to interview first with the recruiter, next interview with Sales Manager, then final interview with Global Sales Director. Through the whole process I could feel that they wanted to build the best team possible. Everyone was really informative, and seemed to be excited for the future of the company which made me excited to be there as well. The interviews went great and I felt like it was a great fit as did they because they sent an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the sales team?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

I spoke with the Recruiter a few times on the phone, took their online cognitive assessment and then had two in person interviews on site. My references were checked and then I received the offer, overall it was a quick process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you excited to work for Infoblox and what do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infoblox in December 2016.

Interview

I had a initial phone interview with a recruiter to determine initial fit. I then had a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager and two follow up phone interviews with other executives. I was selected for final in person interviews and I flew out to HW for many in person interviews and presentations. Overall the process was fairly similar to other processes Ive facilitated as a hiring manager and participated in as a candidate. There was standard delays due to year end and new year kick off meetings but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational interview process, not pre determined canned questions. It was very refreshing as I feel interviews are a two way street so to speak.   1 Answer

Oracle Supply Chain Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The HR and the hiring manager were responsive. Call with HR on week 2, call with hiring manager on week 3, onsite interview on week 5. Onsite interview was 4 rounds of 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard 2 supply chain scenarios and how you will re-engineer them   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The process was thorough, timely and flexible scheduling. Not issues for me. Group interviews and individual interviews. All relevant questions and inquiries. I loved that they described and demoed their product and introduced me to relevant people. Very cross functional environment.

Interview Questions

• why do you like this company   1 Answer

Negotiation

ok

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had phone interview with the manager. Went for 1 hour and they got back to me in 1 week and process is smooth and fast. After that HR rolled out the offer in another 1 week

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was good but it took 10 days to know the result.

Negotiation

That was a low offer I got from them, as I'm interested in that domain I accepted it

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infoblox (Omaha, NE) in July 2017.

Interview

There were 4 total phone interviews, one by the recruiter which was a sales pitch, one by the program manager, and two by other network engineers. It was odd that they reached out to me as I'm not a network engineer but I do have the required security clearance. Overall it was a huge waste of my time. The last person who interviewed me was insulting and not very personable. It seems his opinion of me prevailed.

Interview Questions

• What are the two types of DNS server?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infoblox (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

the process was very cold. The interview by the screening "recruiter" call was brash and in my face, almost yelling into the phone "what ws your performance?!, how much do you make?!" etc with little to know education on the role or responsibilities. very one sides

Interview Questions

• After the inquisition, I was told i would have to take an IQ test and that would determine if i made the next step...again with little to no dialogue what the role was or anything about myself, etc. It was the most cold, robotic process ive ever been involved with.   1 Answer