Infoblox Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Infoblox Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

2.9

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Extremely fast interviewing process. I applied online and heard back within a couple business days, having had the initial HR phone screen later that week. Two phone interviews occurred in the two consecutive following days, along with a video chat with the head pricing analyst to assess my aptitude and thought process for a case analysis. I was offered the role the very next day, so the entire interview to hiring process took exactly one week. Not bad at all.

Due to being a long-distant candidate, I was unable to accept the summer internship position, which was an incredibly difficult decision to make given the conveniently rapid process, location, and personalities of the people I interviewed with. Ultimately, I gracefully declined the offer via e-mail, and while I didn't expect a response, acknowledgement of my desire to maintain contact so we can revisit this next year (when I graduate) would have been nice. I guess it's just business as usual, as they say.

Interview Questions

• We are declared the market leader in DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management. What type of strategies would you employ when facing the challenges of direct competition, who may possess less expensive, perhaps even free alternatives, to ensure that we stay on top?   Answer Question

I do not live in the San Francisco Bay Area and could not justify, as an intern, spending 30%+ of my monthly take-home pay on renting an overpriced bedroom in a shared living space. Without logistical headaches, I would have accepted the offer immediately.

Oracle Supply Chain Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The HR and the hiring manager were responsive. Call with HR on week 2, call with hiring manager on week 3, onsite interview on week 5. Onsite interview was 4 rounds of 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard 2 supply chain scenarios and how you will re-engineer them   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick process. Not hours and hours of interviews. I met with people from multiple disciplines in the company. Overall a very positive experience. The recruiter was very helpful and was in constant contact with me. He answered every question I had and helped me every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about cultural fit   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with Sr. Director of Talent, Sr. Director of HRBP, multiple recruiters (F2F/phone). All individual basis, not a panel. Asked many questions around my techniques to source passive candidates. I was also given a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions heavily based around sourcing techniques and recruiting strategy   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer, Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview was scheduled very quickly after the phone screen. Phone screens are technical, basic classic questions about linked lists, data structures, linux, networking. Interviewed for about 4 hours, it was nice experience with video conferencing when talking to the remote engineers. Very good facilities and professional staff and high tech interview rooms. Manager was very flexible in discussion of base salary and overall compensation expectations, based on current salary, experience. The only draw back is that the stock is undervalued now, so RSUs they give might not look like a lot, unless you take a bet on the company growth.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

About month long process from start to finish. Started with phone interview with hiring manager and then met with the team for interviews in person, also had lunch onsite. People were pleasant and the company poised to grow with security as a focus. I loved the new facility and feel. Seemed to be people friendly which I like. I have to say that the recruiter who introduced me to the opportunity played a big role in keeping me interested and positioning me well throughout the process. I really appreciated the manager and team who comforted me about the possibility to have a work life balance... outside of major product launches of course :) I am glad I accepted the offer and am enjoying working at Infoblox. Highly recommend it!

Interview Questions

• If I am a prospect considering Palo Alto Networks, and you represent Juniper Networks, how would you convince me to consider your offering for NGFW?   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

After phone screening with recruiter and hiring manager I had one round in person interview with product marketing team (3) and two product managers. They mostly wanted to learn about what relevant experience I bring to the position from it security standpoint. They also treated me to lunch with product marketing team in cafe. I received a fair offer and package and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach competitive content creation?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Full court press to join company. Phone screen by recruiter, phone screen by hiring manager, reference check which included one blind reference chosen from among my LinkedIn Connections. Series of interviews with various related job holders. At my request, a second phone conversation with with hiring manager to answer my questions which arose from the interviews. Tools demo. Pressure to join. Stocks offered. Bonuses offered. Salary requirements met.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you obtain information from subject matter experts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They had already decided that they wanted me before the interviews. My references checked out well. They met my salary requirements. The hiring manager was forthcoming.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Well organized, made to feel welcome, asked good questions and listened. Good interaction resulted in getting to know the people I would be working with. Interviewer was prepared, had reviewed my resume and gave me a positive feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your domains of expertise and what makes you successful in gaining results?   Answer Question

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infoblox (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Took very long to get around to the on site interviews. Recruiters are unprofessional and do not return calls or emails. Only when I could catch someone on the phone, could I find out if they are calling me on site or not.

I had 2 on site interviews for 2 different positions. In the end they made me a verbal offer that was less than my current salary. Needless to say, I declined politely.

Moreover, the interviewers seemed like they were not into their jobs and really didnt want to be working for Infoblox themselves. They whole atmosphere came across as not a fun place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is Nagle's algorithm?   1 Answer

Offer was lower than my current salary