Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

3.2

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Interview

The interview went well. had to conduct to phone interviews and via Skype. At the time management was very professional. However, since then the new IT management has caused much friction among peers.

Interview Questions

• What type of security programming languages do you prefer to use?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

It consists of five rounds of interview. It would mostly be on the product knowledge with a few simple SQL query knowledge being tested. A few questions were asked on the previous work experience.Its easier if you are already aware of their products. Currently they are moving organisation wide to cloud platform. Its good to have knowledge about cloud platform.

Interview Questions

• Find the manager to a employee in a table with manager and employee data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer a package do not have any negotiation on it.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Basics of data integration.What Informatica products you have worked on?
    It's mostly basics around consulting.So if you are confident with data integration using informatica products you can get the job. If you are new hire as from grad school there is analyst program . In this program bootcamp around informatica products are done to the analyst.

Alliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with recruiters and 3 additional interviews. I was told I would go to the next level. After 2 weeks of follow-up to find out when the next interview would be scheduled, I received a call that they has hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions for the role   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informatica in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at university career fair. Then got an email asking me to submit again online. Then OA test. Three questions for 90 minutes. Two of them are coding, which I think is extremely difficult. The other one is basic Java syntax.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Initial communication was slow, waited weeks between emails and phone calls. But each time we spoke they seemed excited to talk to me. Don't stress if they don't get back to you promptly, they have more important things to do than hire an intern- same goes for any job.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions pertaining to the job were asked, but mostly be prepared to talk about your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Informatica Response

May 27, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your remarks about your Interview experience with Informatica. We apologize for the lack of communication and your comments are being reviewed by senior leadership to help improve our ... More

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. First one was face to face. It was easy , basic Oops, Mysql,Unix questions. Second was telephonic and third round was face to face interview that lasted 4 hours.
    Easy interview. People are not professional. No response after interview.

Senior Level Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I knew someone in the group so there was no application process. After a phone interview with the hiriing manager I was invited for a full day on site with senior leaders in each org. Interviews were fairly standard with some scenario based questions as one would expect.

One offputting part of the interview setup process was the lack of communication between the recruiter, coordinator and back to me. The date of the interviews was up in the air from the recruiter. By the time I heard from the coordinator for the first time, the interviews were already completely scheduled and I had to clear an entire day of meetings in short order not to mention that the coordinator wasn't exactly apologetic by email or in person.

The recruiter I was working with seemed stretched really thin between different groups and roles and honestly didn't seem to know the role as thoroughly as he/she should have, and was unable to answer many questions.

During the negotiation process the recruiter couldn't answer questions about bonus potential and equity participation (eg did not know what strike price meant, could not explain the vesting) and didn't seem all that interested in finding out the answers after several times asking. Ultimately this and asking for my W-2s soured me on the offer, even though the hiring manager and execs were fantastic. I didn't provide that information but was really not happy at being asked and then being told that "we don't make big salary jumps just because someone is making a high salary externally" and I was also told "no one else has asked these questions" related to equity.

Every company should realize that attitude is part of your company brand, even during interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach X - tell me step by step what you would do when you come into this role. (Pretty standard stuff)   Answer Question

Informatica Response

Apr 7, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We are sorry you had a bad experience interviewing with us. Obviously, this is not what we intended and regret the inconvenience and distress to you. Please accept our best wishes for your future ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Standard ctci questions. Two whiteboard coding. Prepare well and you would be fine. One about the preorder traversal of a tree. Second about the implementation of a queue. They had come to the career fair and had told us to apply online. They then give a hackerrank test which is not too tough

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Started at the end of last year. An easy OA came first, and then a skype interview about some basic algorithm questions. Went for onsite last week. 3 technical interviews are all about designing. HR, manager and lunch interviews are very nice.