Informatica Technical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Technical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

It consists of five rounds of interview. It would mostly be on the product knowledge with a few simple SQL query knowledge being tested. A few questions were asked on the previous work experience.Its easier if you are already aware of their products. Currently they are moving organisation wide to cloud platform. Its good to have knowledge about cloud platform.

Interview Questions

• Find the manager to a employee in a table with manager and employee data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer a package do not have any negotiation on it.

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. First one was face to face. It was easy , basic Oops, Mysql,Unix questions. Second was telephonic and third round was face to face interview that lasted 4 hours.
    Easy interview. People are not professional. No response after interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

phone . then skype, one on one, in person , on site . its was a long process . one phase after the other . the team interviewed, then lead , manager , hr .

Interview Questions

• regarding informatica ,etl etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR lady, and a technical phone interview with a senior engineer. Then they scheduled me with a whole morning interviews with a few people in the company. They asked me bunch of technical questions on certain skills. And when I asked them if I need to use those skills in the potential job, and they said no. I don't feel the interviews were friendly and respectful. It seems they just need a worker to fill the empty seat. I left the company and convinced it's not a good fit. The HR lady called me for another interview a few weeks later, and I declined it.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email to set up a 15 minute phone interview. She took note of what skills I was comfortable with and asked compensation expectations. After that I had a 30 minute phone interview which was mostly about my work experience. Then I was invited for an onsite interview that was 5 rounds, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to skills listed on my resume. I was asked questions on subjects such as OOP concepts, time complexity, mysql join query given two simple tables, and a question on java collections framework using iterator method. There were some behavioral questions like tell me how you handled a difficult situation working in a team? and why technical support engineer position?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was quick. I had an initial screening with Hiring Manager about my past experiences and some scenario-based questions. The following day he forwarded my profile to his team mates, where I had back-to-back three telephonic interviews with mostly scenario-based and some direct questions on Unix, SQL and DBs. After these interviews, I was called by the recruiter for onsite interviews where I had different levels of interviews with 6 to 7 people. The interviewers ranged from Senior Engineers, Team Leads to Managers. The entire team was very friendly, welcoming and took good care of me.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were based on OS and Databases. The questions ranged from Unix shell scripting to SQL and other languages. Mostly various problematic scenarios were given and we should explain how to solve them. Also, write some scripts in order to get the statistics of the processes that are running for too long and how do you identify the problem and resolve it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

There are around 8 rounds of interview. Each one covers different types skills. It took around one month for me for overall process.

It is observed during the interview how you are understood the problem.

Interview Questions

• More in Technical and technical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
    They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
    Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
    Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
    The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

It was a pretty experience going on-site to interview for this company. Although, they were not very sure what they wanted from the candidates. They gave a lot of importance to people with solid work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by 5 to 6 different one-on-one interviews spread out over a couple of days. Mostly one on one, there were a few many to me intervies.

Interview Questions

• I had posted query optimization on my resume..   1 Answer