Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

3.2

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

first round was aptitude which contains different subsections like aptitude,unix,puzzles,etc.
    Next round was face to face interview.It contains 4 rounds of technical interviews.first round interviewer was very nice.even if u don't know or struggling he was giving support to answer.the second round interviewer was very rude,and was not in a good mood to hear the answer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between thread and a process,use of static variable,etc   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informatica in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at university career fair. Then got an email asking me to submit again online. Then OA test. Three questions for 90 minutes. Two of them are coding, which I think is extremely difficult. The other one is basic Java syntax.

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The most difficult interview i have faced so far in my career. There were 8 rounds in total,
    4 rounds of technical interview (each 1hr) and the rest 4 rounds were non-technical.
    All the 8 rounds were completed in a single day. The complete Interview process was done very professionally and the interview panelists were very patient and supportive throughout.

Interview Questions

• Design your own hash map. Multiple programs were asked during the technical rounds (around 5-6 pgms). They test your technical knowledge very thoroughly. Make sure you are well prepared before attempting interviews in Informatica.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

1 round objective test: 4 sections
    logical,c/c++,os,dbms
    immediatly after the test results are announced
    shortlisted students have to appear for 2nd subjective test which is a written test
    OS,shell Scripting,c program,dbms
    the selected students have to go through 2-3 technical rounds
    finally there is hr round

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

The first question, was explaining about work profile which was good start to demonstrate technical capabilities and make good impression of expertise in domain and technologies. ( this is what we already write in our resume/profile, but it was chance given to explain out yourself).

Next question was to explain out current project architecture and implementation on big board. Here, had interactive session for 5-10 mins on process flow, different pros and cons of architecture design and explaining out how this design works with actual use cases. ( This works out to be good demonstration for what currently doing, so started with explaining project architecture SOA based layered architecture, emphasizing more on J2EE core design pattern, GOF design pattern for creational, behavioral and structural, also talking of solution components and how they are integrated like EJB, Webservices, JMS, Database, Quartz batch scheduler.

Next questions was sort in debate mode on clustering (application running on multiple server) and how application works. More specifically on batch scheduler running in cluster environment. Expectation was high level explanation how Quartz scheduler handlers cluster deployment.

Next question was on making MQ messages transactional in synchronous communication environment. Let's say I have an application which need to send out messages to two databases oracle and sybase, part of record is written in oracle remaining part of same message goes in sybase, so let's say if sybase transaction failed then how would you roll back whole transaction so that data in oracle is not inconsistency with sybase database

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First Online Aptitude Round (consisting of objective questions from all core subjects)
    Second Online Round consisted of theory questions and programs
    Followed by 3 technical interview
    Finally had 1 HR interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (New Delhi (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus placements.
    2 written rounds + 3 tech rounds + 1 HR
    Written round 1: Questions on OS, Databases, OOPs, data structures, trees/graphs
    Written round 2: Option to choose either C or Java. I chose Java, Very deep questions from java concepts. Classes/ nested classes, inheritance, constructors etc. Types of questions included finding errors and predicting outputs. Also reaons had to be given for each answer as to why that was an error or why a particular output would come. 5 theoritical questions.
    What data structures would you use in some given scenarios etc.

Interview: Could not clear round 1. Algorithm for shortest path in a binary matrix, A question from the written paper was asked, Some ques on OS

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process started in first week of May with the HR contacting me directly. I don't remember where/how i applied but i believe i found an opening on indeed and applied directly with the company.

First, here is a little background about myself. I have about 7 years of total experience in DW/BI and most of it has been on Informatica Power Center client.

After the initial background discussion with the HR, she said i will have 2 technical interviews. The interviews were scheduled and re-scheduled multiple times. I understand that most of the folks who conduct interviews are busy with their assignments, but so am i or any other candidate so i was a little disappointed with so many re-scheduled interviews.

Anyways, the first 2 were pure technical interviews. You can't pretend to know something or prepare for the interviews. Unless you have hands on experience you can't answer. Few of the questions are as below

1) Informatica 7x, 8x, 9x architecture, (need to explain about SOA etc)
    2) Can you install multiple instances of powercenter on same host? if you can, then how will you invoke different instances from a client since you provide same host name? configuring different ports is not the right answer.
    3) Can you invoke a mapplet variable from a worklet? and vice-versa? Can you use a mapping variable inside a mapplet? and all such combinations!
    4) different types of partitions. In depth usage of each partitions and different scenarios(need to provide examples where you have used them in your project, not just the concepts)
    5) dynamic cache, and dynamic partitioning questions
    6) Configuring grid on informatica server, configuring domains, pmrep command usage etc.

I am not gonna get into more details, basically they are gonna ask everything and anything! These guys know the product in and out, so be prepared for anything! They were very keen on my knowledge of Powerconnect for Tibco/SAP etc but i had never used them in a project even though i had working knowledge.

They absolutely didn't care about my knowledge in UNIX, shell/perl scripting, DW/BI knowledge, Meta data management or data modeling. All they were interested was Informatica products experience.

Anyways, I did clear both the technical interviews. I had 3 other interviews with 2 VP's and a Regional Manager. Again, all these interviews were re-scheduled multiple times dragging the whole interview process to over 3 months. The VP's and regional managers were more interested in my consulting background and softskills and just a high level understanding of my informatica knowledge.

I did clear all the interviews. The final interview was with a VP face to face in their NY office.

Interview Questions

• Can you install 2 instances of Informatica on the same server? if you do, how do you invoke the 2 instances from the same client?   Answer Question

After almost 3 months since the process started i finally received an offer. The offer was substantially lesser than what i was expecting ( the base component) . In the meanwhile i got better offer with one of the top consulting firms. I was definitely inclined to join informatica, but they was not much room for negotiation. They were willing to bump up 2.5k above their previous offer, which was still substantially lesser than the other offer i had in hand.

The other offer i had required no travelling and better pay, more personal time in my life! With informatica professional services, you would travel ALOT! and i expect them to pay for that inconvenience.

Regarding all the other people talking great things about Informatica benefits, they have either never worked for a big company or this is their first job! The other offer i got has better benefits than Informatica in every single category Healthcare/Vacation days/401k/bonus. Informatica offerred me NO bonus? really? for a high growth company, no bonus? common!!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiter, 1 remote call with Sales Manager, Onsite interview with 3 Sales Managers, One selling scenario over conference call with 5 prior mentioned interviewers and also Regional Director. Final interview with Regional Director.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how you created client interest in a complex solution   1 Answer

BDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

CV was emailed
    Fase 1 Call with Informatice HR recruiter
    Fase 2 Face-to-face interview with Marketing Director
    Fase 3 Call with Dublin TeamLead
    Fase 4 Call with Regional Sales Director

From start till finish this experience was very professionel and immidiatly I felt the motivation and commitment.
    I was invited to ask all questions needed, the HR Recruiter keept me informed at all times, answered all my questions and was alway available.
    Meeting the Dublin Director, Teamleader and as well the Regional Manager confirmed my first impression of professionalism.