Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

3.2

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica in August 2016.

Interview

Process began with an online test and the results were announced on the same day. The shortlisted students were interviewed on the next day. Questions were focused on the project that we are carrying out, OS, DBMS, UNIX/LINUX, Java and a programming language of your choice. I under went 4 technical rounds and 2 logical reasoning rounds. Last one being an HR round, surprisingly my name wasn't called out. Could not understand the expectations of the company even after interviewing us for 6 consecutive rounds, for it covered almost all the subjects that I had learned till then and had performed pretty well in all of them.

Interview Questions

• 1. List as many UNIX commands as you know.
      2. And was asked to explain a few commands, that were selected by the interviewer from the one that I had listed.
      And many more.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall 7 rounds of Interview. written test followed by 3 Technical rounds , One Manager, One VP and One HR round. written test was mix of multiple choice as well as written coding all question were on basic DS. Interview rounds have question both on Data Structures and Algorithms. Manager round also had technical questions. VP round have discussions about previous work and suitability in Informatica .

Practice Lead/Manager/Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

1. Initial HR screening was good
    2. Telephonic interview with director was very good and informative .
    3. Technical - 2 rounds of telephonic.. This was very unprofessional. one of the panelist asked questions for a developer role. His tone lacked empathy for the candidate. Second panelist didn't turn up even after waiting for 30mins.
    When a follow up mail was sent to HR, it has not been responded till date .
    I have lost respect for this organization for lack of empathy towards candidates who invest time and interest to pursue career at Informatica.

Global Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Informatica (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was held at kanpur at MPGI. The problem was that there was an apti+tech test to clear, and then those students were shorlisted for further interview processes. The test had 60 questions and it consisted of 50marks. There were 6 sections;15ques on UNIX,10 on Algorithms,20 on aptitude and rest on dbms and ca. Around 400 students appeared out of which only 39 could clear the test.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

there will be 1 written test and will be 3-4 rounds of technical interview and final HR round
    most of the time technical round will be concntreated on c++ and java.
    and basic of OS, netwworks, oops will be asked
    it depends of the job we apply for.

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Interview

The interview went well. had to conduct to phone interviews and via Skype. At the time management was very professional. However, since then the new IT management has caused much friction among peers.

Interview Questions

• What type of security programming languages do you prefer to use?   1 Answer

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

5 to 6 rounds of interviews, First technical and analytical thinking MCQ round, followed by 3 or 4 Technical face to face rounds and an HR round. Amazing place to work for. If you are strong at your basics you can definitely crack the interview.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The first step was a phone call with HR to cover basic information.

Second, there was a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked a series of technical questions relating to data, systems, level of exposure, etc. Nothing too difficult for someone who has a basic understanding of the industry.

Next was an in-person interview with the hiring manager where you will be asked to perform a presentation (you decide) to see if you've got the soft skills that are necessary in a Sales Engineering role.

After the in-person interview, an offer was extended within the same week.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

It consists of five rounds of interview. It would mostly be on the product knowledge with a few simple SQL query knowledge being tested. A few questions were asked on the previous work experience.Its easier if you are already aware of their products. Currently they are moving organisation wide to cloud platform. Its good to have knowledge about cloud platform.

Interview Questions

• Find the manager to a employee in a table with manager and employee data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer a package do not have any negotiation on it.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call from them for interview. I went there and cleared all the round which were conducted on that day. I was told i will get feedback after 2 days.
    The worst part is they didn't contact, and when i dropped mail multiple times, didn't get any reply from them. All the interviewers are nice but one interviewer was so arrogant he was not even listening to my answer, he got laptop with him, and was expecting specific approach.

Interview Questions

• It was mainly on data structure and algorithms, they asked about trees, linked list few puzzles.   Answer Question